• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new Colt SP1

I kind of like the look of the old triangular stock. Why don't they do those any more? Or do they?

I haven't seen any new rifles for sale with them, but you can pick up the handguards used. My wife prefers them to the round handguard so that's what I put on her rifle.

Southshore, enjoy. The SP1 balances very nicely.

I kind of like the look of the old triangular stock. Why don't they do those any more? Or do they?

+1

I like the original AR look myself.

Southshoresig... what kind of FS is on it? The 3 prong "bush grabber" or the closed A2 style?

It's a closed, slitted side style, I assume the A2 type? Definitely is not the open ened "bush grabber". It is super sweeet to shoot. Anyone know where to get a 20 round mag (just for looks)?

Last edited:
Nice rifle. I bought some 20 rounders at Strickland & Sons in Berkley several months ago. He had 10 or so at the time. I have gotten others off the equipment exchange at ar15.com.

Nice rifle. I bought some 20 rounders at Strickland & Sons in Berkley several months ago. He had 10 or so at the time. I have gotten others off the equipment exchange at ar15.com.

Were is strickland's? Berekley is next door to me, but I haven't been able to find him. Doesn't he do gunsmithing?? Ever have any work done?? Quality??

Were is strickland's? Berekley is next door to me, but I haven't been able to find him. Doesn't he do gunsmithing?? Ever have any work done?? Quality??

He is on route 79. It is a small shop in a barn behind a house. I had him replace a front sight on a 1911 that had been a problem for me. He did a good job.

It's a closed, slitted side style, I assume the A2 type? Definitely is not the open ened "bush grabber". It is super sweeet to shoot. Anyone know where to get a 20 round mag (just for looks)?

From the picture, it looks like an A1 stly flash suppressor. The A1 has slots all around the FS. The A2 has a solid bottom and slots on he sides and top. The intent of closing off the bottom slots on the A2 was to prevent dust from kicking up due to the muzzle blast.

If you were coming to the member shoot on 1/24, I'd give you a 20 rounder.

Thanks for all the great comments, it does have the slits all the way around the FH, which makes it an A1 I guess. Thanks for the offer Ranger, but I won't be able to make the member shoot, as I work weekends. I have been able to pick up some nice 20 rounders here and there. Lately I 've been keepin my eye out for those nice gray parked 30 rounders I got a while ago. They were new in dated bags that were all preban, and I 'd love to find some more like them.

Back
Top Bottom