• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new CMP Service Grade M1 Garand

Yeah, my feelings exactly. I saw that charge on my card and pretty much pulled a
panic.gif
. There will be much rejoicing in the Scott household soon. Is it too soon to say Merry Christmas to me, lol.
So just say Happy Thanksgiving.

10:02 she arrived a beautiful SA Garand. Pics to follow. All parts SA except for trigger group which is HRA. 60 days start to finish.

Mine's held for pickup in Windsor Locks. It wouldn't have been possible for anyone to be home to sign for it. Tomorrow evening it will be in my hands.

[party] picked up my garand from fedex after work...looks great it is a springfield armory with an HRA trigger group (like dannyk45's)...i'm going to look up the serial numbers sometime tomorrow to figure out a year...spent a couple of hours taking her apart and cleaning her...can't wait to shoot it this weekend, i will post pics sometime tomorrow after work. took exactly 60 days from start to finish, owning a piece of history is a great feeling.

Mine's held for pickup in Windsor Locks. It wouldn't have been possible for anyone to be home to sign for it. Tomorrow evening it will be in my hands.

At least they didn't just leave it by the door! "Direct adult signature" required or no, I've had rifles "signed" for by a Mr. Porch.

[party][rockon][banana][banana][rockon][party]

My SA service grade is in in the safe!!!! Picked it up from Fedex last night. The Fedex guy working the counter was pretty cool, too. I give him my tracking number and he when he walked back up to the counter he says "So, what gun did you get?" I tell him it's a Garand, and he proceeds to get wide-eyed, calls me a lucky bastard, and repeats a few times that he really needs to get cracking on his CMP order.

Any recommendations on where I should look to get a good sling? I've got one of my M-16 web slings on it right now, but I'd like a repro Garand sling.

Any recommendations on where I should look to get a good sling? I've got one of my M-16 web slings on it right now, but I'd like a repro Garand sling.

congrats! i can't wait to shoot mine, i've been kinda looking around for a repro garand sling and bayonet but i don't think i've looked hard enough...if i find something i'll let you know

I got a sling for my Garand at the Fitchburg gun show, it was USGI too. I think I paid $20

That's a good idea. There's a show at the Big E in just under a month. I'll check that out and see what I can find. Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Cheaper than dirt has a nice tan canvas repro Garand sling for about 12 bucks.
I never buy from Cheaper than Dirt because they started restricting what they'd ship to MA (even legal stuff) and wouldn't even give me the name of the owner or manager to write about it.

Nothing PO's me more than businesses like that who say they support 2A but them bag on us. This was way before the AG sting, BTW. F them.

[party][rockon][banana][banana][rockon][party]

My SA service grade is in in the safe!!!! Picked it up from Fedex last night. The Fedex guy working the counter was pretty cool, too. I give him my tracking number and he when he walked back up to the counter he says "So, what gun did you get?" I tell him it's a Garand, and he proceeds to get wide-eyed, calls me a lucky bastard, and repeats a few times that he really needs to get cracking on his CMP order.

I got a rack grade last year, and the stock was kind of loose, and turned out it had a crack. I spoke to the armorer at the CMP and he said send back all the wood and he'd send a matching stock and handguard. They are really nice with customer service.

I tried to lighten up the stock a little without messing it up, and have been meaning to take some pictures of it. Let's see some photos of yours!

Back
Top Bottom