• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new and Improved Gun/Reloading Room

Well, I've decided to expand my gun/reloading room and I added a couple of walls and a new bench system. I told my wife I was putting up a wall but not two. The only regret I have is when she saw it she asked why I didn't go all the way to the other wall. I told her that I wanted to allow us to be able to cut thru that way. She said she wished I went all the way over. So, I'll prob. close the wall in or go futher back in that area and maybe put another bench in the little hallway. I'm not done with the room but I'm going to take a break for a little while.

I need to get more vinyl flooring but the one I used before seems to be discontinued. I'll keep looking but I may have to change it. I also need to add a drop ceiling or something at some point. I'll also be expanding on the reloading bench. They sell tall cabinets that go with it that look great but I'm not sure if I want to go that route or add another complete bench setup side by side and either move my 650 over to that or add another 1050 with bullet feeder.

Anyways, here is my new loading area that is still a work in progress but you get the idea. My main press is the Dillon Super 1050 with the K.I.S.S. bulletfeeder. This combo really speeds things up and allows me to load 100 rounds in about 3-4 minutes.

Enjoy,
Pete

DSC_1376.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

ps. The powder and primer boxes are all empty so you can all relax!!!

Too funny! I was wondering where you had posted the fire permit for the primers.

Ok Pete, in four years you'll be converting it over to a "play room" for the kids...

Kidding aside, that's an awesome arrangement. I don't know how you can keep it so organized. My room's a mess almost all the time.

-Cuz.

Very nice [smile] thanks for the pics
I can only wish I had space for benches like that....my "Man Room" is so crampped its a fight to clean a .22 rifle

Great job. Some day my setup will be worth posting more pics.. I have only added to the equipment but not to the actual loading area yet.

Im jealous.

Anyways, here is my new loading area that is still a work in progress but you get the idea. My main press is the Dillon Super 1050 with the K.I.S.S. bulletfeeder. This combo really speeds things up and allows me to load 100 rounds in about 3-4 minutes.

Enjoy,
Pete

Most impressive, Pete, looks great! WOW!!

You're a funny dude Pete!

The difference in the first pic from the next seven is hilarious.

You took the first pic and were like, "Hmm... something isn't right here, something is missing... what could it be? Oh yeah, that's right!!"

Then you call upstairs, "Honey! Bring down my Area7 plaque from the mantle."

Don't you edit that post! That is too funny!

I used to think my work/reloading area was nice... and then I went over to PMD's house. Wow.

You're a funny dude Pete!

The difference in the first pic from the next seven is hilarious.

You took the first pic and were like, "Hmm... something isn't right here, something is missing... what could it be? Oh yeah, that's right!!"

Then you call upstairs, "Honey! Bring down my Area7 plaque from the mantle."

Don't you edit that post! That is too funny!

I used to think my work/reloading area was nice... and then I went over to PMD's house. Wow.

That's too funny but it was actually in reverse order. I cleaned out the area and I brought the Area 7 plaque down and put it on the bench. I finished taking pictures and move the plaque out of the way. Then I went down and took a few more pictures without the plaque. So you're right but just in reverse order.

HAHA- I can only imagine what PMD has for a reloading room. I've heard rumors about it but haven't seen it first hand...

Pete

Pete,very clean, very organized, If you seen mine you would throw up.working on it thou,will post pics soon

What's the little riser you have the safe on? Wood or concrete?

I have the safe on 4x4's that are bolted into the floor with the safe bolted to them. Not that someone is going to pick the safe up and carry it away but you never know. Needless to say I spend a lot of time down there so it's nice to have a decent space. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do with it but for now it should be good. I just need to focus on my shooting and start dryfiring again.

Pete

Extremely nice setup! I just got the case feeder for my 550. Thing speeds up the loading process CONSIDERABLY. No bullet feeder available for the 550 though.

I have the safe on 4x4's that are bolted into the floor with the safe bolted to them. Not that someone is going to pick the safe up and carry it away but you never know. Needless to say I spend a lot of time down there so it's nice to have a decent space. I'm not sure what else I'm going to do with it but for now it should be good. I just need to focus on my shooting and start dryfiring again.

Pete

Excellent idea, using the 4x4s. I need to do something similar, although I'll probably have to bolt it to a wall instead of the floor (just put in a waterproofing system, so I can't drill holes in the floor).

Excellent idea, using the 4x4s. I need to do something similar, although I'll probably have to bolt it to a wall instead of the floor (just put in a waterproofing system, so I can't drill holes in the floor).

The 4x4's worked great. I didn't want to put the safe directly on the floor for obvious reasons so I raised it up. It was an idea from someone on this forum but I can't remember who it was from.

Pete

The 4x4's worked great. I didn't want to put the safe directly on the floor for obvious reasons so I raised it up. It was an idea from someone on this forum but I can't remember who it was from.

Pete

4x4s in a box with a crossbeam to bolt the safe onto with plywood on top? Deck screws to hold it all together or bolts?

im going to rob your place hehehehe

jk seriously, you're so clean and you have a nice spot. By any chance you're bachelor? cuz if i had a wify or a gf, i'd be banned from having a reloading room....

Back
Top Bottom