• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My MP9:pics

i had a guy (i think his name is John)at Wilmington gun show do engraving on my
MP9.its a psalm from bible,check it out

6gyhaw.jpg

20gfq5i.jpg

Last edited:
Does your camera have a 'macro' function?

If not, you're going to have to help us with what it says.

ETA: Second photo appeared....never mind!

Last edited:
God forbid you ever have to defend yourself with that....once the media catches wind of a biblical verse on you gun...they'll have a field day with you.... pretty cool though, lol.

i had a guy (i think his name is John)at Wilmington gun show do engraving on my
MP9.its a psalm from bible,check it out

6gyhaw.jpg

20gfq5i.jpg

I know there are some varied versions of the psalm,but I think (John from the gunshow) may have made a "Typo" with "..the valley of the shadow of the death."

English Standard Version (©2001)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

..as a christian and a Smith & Wesson enthusiast, I gotta tell ya'....it looks horrible (.02)

According to my King Jeff Cooper version of the bible, the words should be....

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shaddow of death, I fear no evil, because your rod and staff and this MP9 comfort me."

I know there are some varied versions of the psalm,but I think (John from the gunshow) may have made a "Typo" with "..the valley of the shadow of the death."
nope,i took that out of the movie "Bodyguard",last scene,when priest is saying:"Even though WE may pass trough the valley of the shadow of the death,WE will not fear evil,for you are with US,guiding and protecting US."

God forbid you ever have to defend yourself with that....once the media catches wind of a biblical verse on you gun...they'll have a field day with you....
yup...new sights,trigger job..."he had the modified gun engraved with biblical verses and 100 rounds of ammo in his safe"[smile].....nah,its a gun,whatever i do it will be taken wrong way,just for a having a gun some people think i/we are crazy,thats a fact,so i simply dont care what other people think or what media(globe) would write if i had to use my gun to defend myself..my goal is when i leave my house to get back home,unharmed and alive...i thought it would be cool to engrave something on my gun and that psalm is my favorite and only i know(i am not church going person[grin])

pretty cool though, lol .

thanks....

Last edited:
Stainless WILL rust. It's stainless, NOT rustless....... There was a problem with these slides rusting when the M&P's first came out.

Its a stainless slide. No rust.

The only reason stainless is "stainless" is because the surface has been passivated. The engraving removes the passivation from the surface, thereby making the steel susceptible to oxidation, or rust. It can be passivated again. From Wikipedia:

"Ferrous materials, including steel, may be somewhat protected by promoting oxidation ("rust") and then converting the oxidation to a metalophosphate by using phosphoric acid and further protected by surface coating. As the uncoated surface is water-soluble a preferred method is to form manganese or zinc compounds by a process commonly known as Parkerizing or phosphate conversion. Older, less-effective but chemically-similar electrochemical conversion coatings included bluing, also known as black oxide.
Stainless Steels can be passivated using a solution of nitric acid, to remove foreign particles form the surface and promote the growth of a protective oxide layer.
Nickel can be used for handling elemental fluorine, thanks to a passivation layer of nickel fluoride."

The only reason stainless is "stainless" is because the surface has been passivated. The engraving removes the passivation from the surface, thereby making the steel susceptible to oxidation, or rust. It can be passivated again. From Wikipedia:

"Ferrous materials, including steel, may be somewhat protected by promoting oxidation ("rust") and then converting the oxidation to a metalophosphate by using phosphoric acid and further protected by surface coating. As the uncoated surface is water-soluble a preferred method is to form manganese or zinc compounds by a process commonly known as Parkerizing or phosphate conversion. Older, less-effective but chemically-similar electrochemical conversion coatings included bluing, also known as black oxide.
Stainless Steels can be passivated using a solution of nitric acid, to remove foreign particles form the surface and promote the growth of a protective oxide layer.
Nickel can be used for handling elemental fluorine, thanks to a passivation layer of nickel fluoride."

No. Stainless is "stainless" because the steel has been alloyed with other metals such as chromium and nickel. The exact amount of corrosion resistance is dependent on the exact type of stainless. Austenitic stainless is very corrosion resistant and is used in salt water environments, for medical purposes and similar but it's not as strong. Martensitic is not as corrosion resistant but is tough and machines well. I assume this is what's used for guns but there are other types as well. The resistance to corrosion is not only on the surface.

Plenty of guns are made in bare stainless and they resist corrosion very well. Yes, they can rust but the rust happens very slowly and is easy to avoid.

Parkerizing doesn't even work on stainless.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on which grade ss they use and how ferrous it is. I can find out what they are using now if you want.

Only matters if you like it. I do like the handwritten effect...actually looks a lot like my handwriting.

Back
Top Bottom