• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My LTC is not valid for 6 yrs

Just got my LTC card today.

Weird part is, it does not seem valid for 6 years like I was told.

Issued on August 5, 2010
Expires on 11/29/2015

Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks

Just got my LTC card today.

Weird part is, it does not seem valid for 6 years like I was told.

Issued on August 5, 2010
Expires on 11/29/2015

Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks

Usually unless the first issue date is the same as your birthday you will get screwed out of some time on your LTC, because the expiration date is always your birthday.

The only consolation prize is that on subsequent renewals usually you won't get screwed unless the PD does something wrong or drags your renewal out way too far. Try to get in for a renewal at 60 days + out from expiration.

-Mike

Last edited:
I've already got my renewal. My current one expires on my birthday which is in September. The issue date on my renewal is my birthday, so my upcoming LTC will be good for exactly 6 years. Maybe some PD's do it differently?

I just miss getting a free ride on my next renewal. My license will expire on my 69th birthday. You need to be 70 to get the senior discount of "no charge." I'll probably be dead before I qualify for the free one.

I lucked out and got mine 1 week after my b-day. Although at the time I would have given up that year for my permit a few weeks earlier.

On my last renewal, my CLEO advised me to hold off until after my birthday so I'd get that "extra" year.

Gringo,
Since they expire on your birthday, wouldn't that leave you illegally holding guns for the period of time you waited between your birthday and new renewal date?

And don't you automatically get six years on every renewal after the first, since it's all birthday to birthday?

I've never renewed yet so have no experience with this.

That happend with my last renewal,,,I called to CHSB spoke with a supv, very nice woman, she apologized and said a corrected lic would be sent to my local PD. Sure 'nuff showed up in no time at all.

rach

Back
Top Bottom