• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My improved Ruger 10/22

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
So I bought this ruger 10/22 at an auction.

image_zpsehb3ag7r.jpeg

It turned out to have a .17 Mach 2 barrel on it, which is nearly impossible to find anymore. So, I bought a KIDD Match Barrel with muzzle brake for it.

Then the turrets on the BSA scope on keeps unscrewing instead of adjusting so I replaced it with a Mueller 8-32X44 Side focus Scope. (probably the best bang for your buck inexpensive scope manufacturer out there).

I worked on improving the trigger, but I just can't get it light enough so I bought a KIDD single stage 1.5 pound trigger for it.

The stock wasn't the best shape for Shooting from a bench because of the "pointed" butt so I bought a Titan 10/22 precision stock from Victor Company.

I could shoot groups under 1/2" at 50 yards all day long with quality ammo before the stock and trigger group was added. I will get out to shoot it this Sunday after our club meeting

This is how it looks today.

image_zpsbcyedsel.jpeg

Last edited:
P.S. That looks sharp. Does the integrated brake help tame that recoil? I always find that .22lr recoil destroys my shoulder like a bazooka.

I shot it this weekend and other than target #2 I did very well. I rushed the last shot which was on target #2 and opened the group up to almost 3/4". I'll have to shoot it a few more times and settle down with it. Then I'm moving it out to 100 yards.

image_zpscsy8rjgi.jpeg

Nice should do very well at 100... 1/2 MOA is fun at 100 and 200...I'm,happy to just keep under 3 moa at 100-200

I shot it this weekend and other than target #2 I did very well. I rushed the last shot which was on target #2 and opened the group up to almost 3/4". I'll have to shoot it a few more times and settle down with it. Then I'm moving it out to 100 yards.

wow! nice!

Back
Top Bottom