My idea for a Call to action for all the FFL gun shops in Massachusetts

Whether you are about to close because business is now so bad due to the restrictions and the hardships the state forces on you and you remain open for us civilians.

STOP selling any ammo, any handguns, any long guns to any member of the thin blue line..

when they start getting pissed that they can't go to AFS, or MFS, Bob's, and plenty of other stores wherever you are .. and can't get ammo to practice, or a duty weapon , they will feel what it is like to not have their shield and stand with us regular folk.

No one is saying all cops support this but in the end if the "system" doesnt feel the hurt this will drag out for years.

I like this idea even if it hurts a little continuous assaults against the establishment provides pressure and works whether it be one large or ten small actions.

It would be nice if manufactures refuse to sell to LE in Mass. I know after the NY Safe Act was approved a bunch of companies refused to do business in NY.

Our real problem is getting shops to organize. In my opinion they don't seem to be interested in standing up. They've had years to work together and fight. Why would they? Sales were great. We'll see what they're made of now.

The business of America is business and no business is going to turn away business. In this case the cops didn't change the rules. For every business that refuses to do business on principle there is another quite willing to fill the gap and engage in that particular trade.

Suppose it did happen, the police would just purchase from out of state vendors.

2 out of the 4 closest gun shops by me are owned by retired, and current LEO.

so if Joeshittheragman gun shop wont sell, not only will he go out of buisness, the LEO will walk across the steet.

It's a noble idea. However, these small businesses depend on sales to put food on the table. They're not the bad guys and are more than with us on this. We cannot ask them to lose their homes, families, etc. If they want to take that risk on their own that's up to them.

Last edited:
The business of America is business and no business is going to turn away business. In this case the cops didn't change the rules. For every business that refuses to do business on principle there is another quite willing to fill the gap and engage in that particular trade.

Suppose it did happen, the police would just purchase from out of state vendors.

Plus they can get guns from the manufacturer. And this would just drive up cop only store business. Of which there are a few. Not to mention some of them are on our side why alienate anyone.

that's a very creative and lawful method of civil disobedience. I think things like this have the potential to go much farther than the rally. If places like AFS and MFS also close their doors to LEO range training in protest, it just might get their attention.

need to find a way to hit back lawfully, but harshly, and the pocketbook is always good... I don't have any bigger and better ideas, but this is as good as any I've heard.

You're not going to win in any such action against cops. They hold all the cards with all the laws, regs, rules and politicians on their side. [thinking]

you think any gun shop is going to survive on bolt action rifles/lever actions, and pump shotguns and handguns? good luck with that daydream..

a gun shop gets what 50 dollars per handgun? maybe a fraction more for either a bolt/lever/ pump?

and guess what .. all those shops that made a profit on massifying the rifles.. GONE....

carbine classes...why bother....

handgun classes, if they have a big enough market for it may help stave off the inevitable.. but when we look at history.. tite group, precision point, silver city , it is already written..

I'm wondering how many cops will actually make an arrest on this. The idea is to make them understand that this blanket ruling is completely unconstitutional... And as police officers do have discretion to arrest or not, I have a feeling that the intelligent ones won't be chomping at the bit to enforce this one. Just my $.02

What would hurt is if our clubs would band together and refuse to allow police to use the club to qualify.

Unfortunately there are too many FUDS on the boards of most clubs so that would never float.

I think your missing the point that police don't create laws they enforce them. Second not all police are "gun guys" there are plenty of them who go annually and qualify and that is the extent of their shooting. Targeting police to legislate for change is pointless. Realistically you wouldn't know if you were selling ammo to a LEO or not, not every cop walks around boasting they're police.

And I'm not sure if Departments pay to rent the range or not when they qualify, but if they do cutting off your nose to spite your face is pretty dumb too. These departments will go to military installations to use their range. I know many area departments go to Ft Devins range.

If you try to punish police because you don't like the law that were enacted you need to review the legislative system of the U.S. There are plenty of things that "police" don't want legal that become legal and vice versa. All your asking is for shops to loose money, so you can sit back and reap the rewards of their sacrifice. If your upset with the laws, take a day off work and go to a protest, don't ask shops to loose business and money, and don't target the police out of your anger with the AG laws.

It's one thing to stop selling to departments as a whole. It's stupid to not sell to LE who are pro 2a.

Plus they can get guns from the manufacturer. And this would just drive up cop only store business. Of which there are a few. Not to mention some of them are on our side why alienate anyone.

PDs don't buy from LGS, they buy direct from LE-only distributors, direct from mfrs or from police supply stores. When I bought my first duty gun, my police chief placed the order for me with our PD's police supply store. I did the paperwork and paid for it, it wasn't a gun shop, it was mostly a uniform and supply store.

So boycotting police business is a useless effort.

And as was said, many LEOs are pro-2A, at least those that buy guns and ammo. The rest only shoot or carry what is issued and only when they have to do so.

Gun shops that sold all the goodies, scopes, slings, and everything else you can hang on an AR - gone.

They'll sell pump action and bolt action ARs.

Look at New York or Connecticut. How many stories have we heard out of those two states about mass gun shop closures? Has the Hartford Cabela's said "ok boys, no more ARs and AKs, goodbye Connecticut." No, they didn't. The Mass Cabela's barely sold any long guns when I went there a year ago just to take a look.

A profit on a $1000 new Remington 1100 is going to be the same as the profit margin on a $1000 Mass-compliant AR assuming they were bought at reasonably similar prices from the distributor. Look at the threads on here about "what can I get instead of an AR???"

Also, this probably isn't going to effect shotgun sales since the old ban had a carve-out for semi auto shotguns that don't have detachable mags and a smaller than 5 shot capacity and won't effect pump action or O/U or SxS sales.

Over the few years I've been here, I've seen two Mass dealers definitely close up and either leave or re-brand themselves in Mass. Two. Out of a state that goes from P-town to Stockbridge and has a market of around 6,700,000 potential customers, not to mention cop sales. That's almost as much as if you were to combine all of the people in Alabama and Mississippi.

Some will close up, some will stay and make a living, some will thrive. These will be interesting times, to say the least.

PDs don't buy from LGS, they buy direct from LE-only distributors, direct from mfrs or from police supply stores. When I bought my first duty gun, my police chief placed the order for me with our PD's police supply store. I did the paperwork and paid for it, it wasn't a gun shop, it was mostly a uniform and supply store.

So boycotting police business is a useless effort.

And as was said, many LEOs are pro-2A, at least those that buy guns and ammo. The rest only shoot or carry what is issued and only when they have to do so.

Exactly. FFLs do sell to individuals or maybe very small departments, but not most departments.

well that is something i did not know .. they have their own laws, and their own shops.. well most of this won't work.. but denying them range time with their Assault Rifles would send a message

How about having legislation introduced that would eliminate LEO and other protected classes exemptions across the board? If laws that have been passed are so great, why are there exemptions? What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

That's a great idea but it's never gonna happen.

You better hope it does, its the only thing that will get us out of this shit show.

Not all LEO's support the new restrictions.

Dosn't matter if all of them were opposed to this. Don't you get it? The only way the law makers will act is to stop the sale of arms and ammo to law enforcement agencies IMHO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom