• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My idea for a Call to action for all the FFL gun shops in Massachusetts

How about having legislation introduced that would eliminate LEO and other protected classes exemptions across the board? If laws that have been passed are so great, why are there exemptions? What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Honestly, no one is going to piss off the police unions by introducing a law, nevermind it will never get an traction. They can't appear anti-cop.

You have a better chance of landing your avatar.

well that is something i did not know .. they have their own laws, and their own shops.. well most of this won't work.. but denying them range time with their Assault Rifles would send a message

Well, Braintree R&P "dis-invited" almost (if not) all PDs from using their ranges many years ago now. No, they didn't pay to use them, but the problem was range safety . . . their qualification shoots put the club in a legal liability position.

My first club kicked out all PDs due to liability issues, but in recent years has allowed a number of PDs to use the range and shoot in front of the baffles (including ARs, whereas members are restricted to rimfire rifiles only as there are houses just beyond the backstop).

Most clubs are afraid to say no for fear that they will stop renewing club member LTCs, true!

I know after the NY Safe Act was approved a bunch of companies refused to do business in NY.

Did it make a difference? **generally** I've found LEOs to be on our side, minus some CLEOs and hot heads. I don't see this doing anything but further driving a wedge between us and those who can help behind the curtain.

Back
Top Bottom