• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My hi point carbine review

Marty McFly

NES Member
i decided to bite the bullet and get a hi point carbine in .45 acp. At first glance it is ugly. The forgrip was a bit loose and with a washer i fixed that. I took it out with 500 rounds and expected a few hiccups since it was new. I loaded up 2 mags and dumped and dumped and dumped. No issues whatsoever. The sights were great and it was alot of fun. I have also ordered the 9mm version. Will let you know how that goes. But for the money it is a no brainer. Accurate at 100 yards. And just fun!!

That would make a great HD gun, especially in .45. I've honestly never heard anything bad about these guns, other than some comments on the aesthetics. I almost bought a 9mm version many years ago, but while I had it on hold, the Sub2k I had been waiting months for came in, so I bought that instead. For the money, those Hi-points can't be beat if in the market for a fun pistol caliber carbine.

So funny person after person always says: "I pulled it out of the box and laughed, half plastic, looks like it should be in with my kids toys and red ryder. Then I took it to the range and proceeded to dump 1000 rounds through it flawlessly, I'm quite impressed!"

So funny person after person always says: "I pulled it out of the box and laughed, half plastic, looks like it should be in with my kids toys and red ryder. Then I took it to the range and proceeded to dump 1000 rounds through it flawlessly, I'm quite impressed!"
That was my exact reaction. I bought it used and it even came with a cheap $10 airsoft scope!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Picked up the 4595 just yesterday. Hoping to shoot it this weekend but for the price I cant see being disappointed.

Picked up the 4595 just yesterday. Hoping to shoot it this weekend but for the price I cant see being disappointed.

You won't be disappointed. The iron sights are probably its best feature. I have terrible eyesight and I usually need a magnified scope for any rifle/carbine but with my 9mm Hipoint I can hit the 10x ring easily up to 75' - 100' consistently (I usually don't take it out on to the longer ranges so I haven't really tried from longer distances). That and it eats any ammo you shove in it.

You won't be disappointed. The iron sights are probably its best feature. I have terrible eyesight and I usually need a magnified scope for any rifle/carbine but with my 9mm Hipoint I can hit the 10x ring easily up to 75' - 100' consistently (I usually don't take it out on to the longer ranges so I haven't really tried from longer distances). That and it eats any ammo you shove in it.

Thanks for your feed back. Every thing I read seems to be good reviews and a lot of people saying the same about the iron sights.

while they're as ugly as what Rosie ODonnel leaves in the toilet every morning, I can't knock the HP, especially in .45 - they're fun to shoot, pretty easy to maintain and overall, very practical.

Yep....and at the risk of pissing off the GlockStars on the forum....Glocks are ugly as sin, but they're to 1911s as fat girls are to strippers - fat girls will take care of you, clean your house and make a damned good dinner. Strippers? pretty to show off to your friends, but may leave you wanting for more when it matters most.

Who cares what it looks lie? If it shoots straight and shoots solid, then its a good carbine.

I may buy one sometime soon. in my experience, it handled pretty much all JHP very well - from the hornady zombiecrap to UMC and blazer, no issues. My friend said his had one FTF with a handload, but even he thinks it was the ammo and not the gun.

How well do they feed JHP ammo?

I regret not getting a marlin camp carbine in the 90's when they were more affordable and plentiful. One of these might have to step in

Well i liked the 4595ts so much i decided to get the 9mm too. I just brought it home a couple days ago and will try it out this weekend. Very excited.

Back
Top Bottom