My Guns Thread from start to future

So little things for this update.
Both berettas have new updated recoil rods.
They are now captured, and kinda more like a car strut.
Just on racking alone, the 40 is harder to do now. Can't wait to shoot it.

20210113_180333.jpg

20210113_182826.jpg

Also did one more mod. It should've been 2, but there was a shipping mistake.
But it make for a nice comparison video.
Both Beretta's have the same mods except 1.

Stock trigger bar

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1olFw1TIjT8EBmbVaV1_M_VVas5HRBwJB/view?usp=drivesdk

Wilson trigger bar

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1on1aMbvNJd7BaaR9gPhKU_7Kot1kSZkU/view?usp=drivesdk

So now all that's left, after awaiting the 2nd trigger bar, is red dot cut slides.
Because nanny state of no suppressors.
And maybe a rail of sorts. I'm consistently debating that one.

Ok, so another little update.

I found out some kinks in my shooting, thanks to a member her that I went shooting with yesterday.
I slowly ironed most of it out, but its still there.

Snagged a new grip for the AR.
Matched it up to the front grip and ditched the magpul.

STORE | FAB DEFENSE USA

Grip is noticeably better and way more controllable. Definitely improvement.

As for the guide rods. Had a chance to fire both and directly compare it to a langdon tactical 92 and a beretta 92x performance.
It is a night and day difference.
So much so, that I believe the person's ltt and 92x performance I shot is buying them for both.
We tried it in each.

If anyone else is interested,
https://efkfiredragon.com/products.php?cat=8

It keeps everything super flat and makes the back on target shot faster.
Definitely worth the upgrade.

Made the 96 feel like a 92 and could speed shoot it really well.

Also, got a fun trigger for the AR.
Good ole fostech sport 2.
Fired it for the first time today
20210303_151730.mp4

Also shot a shotgun for the first time, not mine though. And at clays.

More first time shooting guns,
92x performance =Definitely buying in the future
Px4 storm= Definitely buying in future
LTT 92= I'm satisfied with my 92 for a marginal cost less
10mm 1911= fun, but not on an immediate purchase list
Sig p320= probably my next gun, besides the HK45

Awesome journey! I just came across this thread and glad to see another member rocking a Beretta 1201FP!
Thanks.
I just wish there was at least a small aftermarket for it.
I tried a mesa tactical benelli me pistol grip and it didnt fit.
I want to get a picitinny rail added for a red dot

Added another to the inventory

Caliber: America(45 acp)
View attachment 466621

One more off the list of wants.
And god damn, 45 is just as hard and expensive to find as 9mm. I thought it'd be more plentiful.

Magazines are hard to find as well for non gouging prices.
I'm sure that you have friends with some extra 45 laying around 👍

So, today went a little unplanned.
Went with my brother to mass firearms, because he wanted to test out and shoot a sig 226 and X5 legion.
Legion was down for service and the regular p320 was in a class session.

So i rented the 45acp version of the p320 and he rented the 226.
Needless to say, the 45acp in 320 carry is ridiculous.
The 226 on the other hand, in 9mm mind you, was really pleasent to shoot and very accurate.

He instantly liked it.

So we ventured to the mill in search of one.
Turns out it was the wrong day for a mill run.
As there was pretty much 1 shop open.

The day ended as such with this purchase from defensive dynamics llc. Except the holster.
Didnt plan on this purchase, but finally decided to pull the trigger on it.

IMG_20210429_214744.jpg

The 3 black mags are legion mags that my brother had that he purchased months ago, because he planned on the X5 legion purchase.
So i bought them from him.
Seems like my HK 45 mags, they are unobtanium right now. The factory mags are blocked fyi.

Light sanding to the grip was needed to make them work correctly.

He ended up buying a Sig p226 legion from a shop that advertised it on the forum.

Today was Sig day.

Parts already on order are a Sig 90 degree flat trigger, strike industries mag release and Wilson Combat Grip.

So i got a few new accessories today.
Still dont have the trigger for the Sig 🤬

So, i have/had the magpul bad lever.
I was always disappointed with it fue to the slop it had.

Video here :

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtDh1dyanGHHBDm6zMbCVvl6m8xKXTa2/view?usp=drivesdk

So i upgraded to a phase 5 one piece.
Also, i moved on from the fostech trigger,( i still have it.) Maybe itll fond a home in a sbr in the future.

But heres what i upgraded(?) To instead.

0520211821.jpg

Purely because of the no creep and straight to the wall and near no reset.
I imagine, itll be close to the fostech in its own right.

Video here:

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-YBS74HnyTw6hOL5lkiKtotXRarMgHt/view?usp=drivesdk

Part of me wishes i opted for the diamond, but i didnt really want to spend the amount of money they go for.
Especially, when i would probably set it to the same 3.5 lb this is set to.

Ill have another addition next week to the "armory".

Im super excited about this one. But most likely everyone else will shrug at it and go meh.

So i got a few new accessories today.
Still dont have the trigger for the Sig 🤬

So, i have/had the magpul bad lever.
I was always disappointed with it fue to the slop it had.

Video here :

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtDh1dyanGHHBDm6zMbCVvl6m8xKXTa2/view?usp=drivesdk

So i upgraded to a phase 5 one piece.
Also, i moved on from the fostech trigger,( i still have it.) Maybe itll fond a home in a sbr in the future.

But heres what i upgraded(?) To instead.

View attachment 484616

Purely because of the no creep and straight to the wall and near no reset.
I imagine, itll be close to the fostech in its own right.

Video here:

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-YBS74HnyTw6hOL5lkiKtotXRarMgHt/view?usp=drivesdk

Part of me wishes i opted for the diamond, but i didnt really want to spend the amount of money they go for.
Especially, when i would probably set it to the same 3.5 lb this is set to.

Ill have another addition next week to the "armory".

Im super excited about this one. But most likely everyone else will shrug at it and go meh.

Glad to see you're enjoying the mod game. Tweaking stuff is super fun.

A word of caution - putting spare controls inside the trigger guard poses certain risk. Assuming you're a righty, another option to consider is training to use your left thumb to hit the bolt release as you insert the mag. Not saying you're doing anything wrong, just offering additional perspective.

"Stoner and G-d got together so you could hit that thing and load that rifle" - Clint Smith

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IzMHqkGc38

I know its something that can get in the way, something could snag it.

Its risk is certainly there, but in my eyes its low risk.

For the limited shooting ive done, that lil lever had become a second nature to me already.

I leave the left for the mag reload and immediate grab, while my finger is already off the trigger and ready to hit the lever and go back in.

Not saying im a pro in any reguard. But i see it as a "get back in the fight that much faster piece" h

And clint is a legend.
I want to go to thinder ranch before he kicks it.

Just need the $$ and aome gear and ammo id imagine

Last edited:
I know its something that can get in the way, something could snag it.

Its risk is certainly there, but in my eyes its low risk.

For the limited shooting ive done, that lil lever had become a second nature to me already.

I leave the left for the mag reload and immediate grab, while my finger is already off the trigger and ready to hit the lever and go back in.

Not saying im a pro in any reguard. But i see it as a "get back in the fight that much faster piece" h
to be clear, the risk isn't so much snagging the lever as slipping off and hitting the trigger when you don't mean to.

So some good stuff today.

Snagged this last week. Came in today.
IMG_20210602_205219.jpg

Inside0602212030_HDR.jpg

The reason for which it was bought,

Bought the piece months ago.
Debated on a new barrel and such. Decide to move foreward.
0602212031.jpg

0602212031a.jpg

Side charging life. Gotta paint it to go with the rest of the AR.
Reason for the buy, the new stock i got, hits the charging handle and cant fully be brought back.

And the finale.
What i wanted originally for my first gun is now had.
0602212032a.jpg

0602212044.jpg

After shooting today. The M18 is going up for sale/trade very soon.

Minor things were also the 90 degree skeletonized flat trigger and go pedal for the m18.
0602212032.jpg

Well after a long day of going to gun stores,
I kicked one out of the family and got a new.

But first, i know this is common knowledge, but i went to gun parlor in attempt to trade my m18 towards a px4 storm.
They offered me a ridiculous low trade in price that was pretty much offensive.
Needless to say, i wont do any business in the future with them.
Not even transfers.
Ill drive more or pay more to go else where.

Back to the original part.
Today i parted with the M18.
After a good little stint at the mill today, which i have zero problems with.
@Minuteman Armament was the shop i ended up in.
I saw a listing or two that i was interested in.
It was my first visit at the shop and alex(owner) was there for appointments already set up.

I was a random walk in in the middle of those.
A number of times he apologized for the wait in which each time i said im not worried about it.

He let me handle a few guns while i was waiting which was cool of him.
Q5 match, usp 40 and a ppq.
Which was an awesome first for me.
The M18 found a home there and i picked up a new toy.
It was an easy and smooth experience at his shop.
I can see myself there again in the future.

The new purchase Beretta cx4 storm.
IMG_20210611_001811.jpg

IMG_20210611_001850.jpg

Cant wait to go shoot it.

The heavier recoil springs for the 92 series are unnecessary and exert more stress on the locking block, which is sort of the structural “weak link” of the 92 design. everyone Wants captured recoil springs until they realize it’s easier to replace uncaptured ones every 4-5k rounds.

congrats on the FDE cx4. I sold my cx4 years ago but it was reliable and fun to shoot. I could never reach the mag release though, due to the stock design.

The heavier recoil springs for the 92 series are unnecessary and exert more stress on the locking block, which is sort of the structural “weak link” of the 92 design. everyone Wants captured recoil springs until they realize it’s easier to replace uncaptured ones every 4-5k rounds.

congrats on the FDE cx4. I sold my cx4 years ago but it was reliable and fun to shoot. I could never reach the mag release though, due to the stock design.
Like i wrote earlier about the efk fire dragon , its not just a captured spring.
Its a little piston as well.
As for replacement, id just buy anither one as it was a dramatic difference. From the traditional spring and guide rod setup.

Even so much so, that improved upon the almighty 92x performance.
Essentially making it the perfect 92.

Nevermind calming down the 96 as well

Thanks for the congrats on the cx4.
I did notice the reach for that mag release is a bit more than anticipated.
But, i also came up with an idea for that

Like i wrote earlier about the efk fire dragon , its not just a captured spring.
Its a little piston as well.
As for replacement, id just buy anither one as it was a dramatic difference. From the traditional spring and guide rod setup.

Even so much so, that improved upon the almighty 92x performance.
Essentially making it the perfect 92.

Nevermind calming down the 96 as well

Thanks for the congrats on the cx4.
I did notice the reach for that mag release is a bit more than anticipated.
But, i also came up with an idea for that

please explain how this RSA / piston (whatever that means) improves the 92 action. This is possibly the most heavily refined handgun on earth and I’m eager to hear…

if you want the cx4 storm fixed, send it to Sierra Papa in Portland OR.

please explain how this RSA / piston (whatever that means) improves the 92 action. This is possibly the most heavily refined handgun on earth and I’m eager to hear…

if you want the cx4 storm fixed, send it to Sierra Papa in Portland OR.
Less felt recoil especially on the 96
Faster return to target even faster on the 92x performance due to weight of the gun.

Smoother shooting than a langdon or wilson counterpart.

Perfects the 92x performance.

Ive shot them all back to back

My modded 92 vs langdon vs wilson vs 92x performance.

Only the 92x beat it due to sheer weight.
We also swapped in the piece to each one and each gun got better on target results.

I also did trigger springs and the typical d spring.

The last big difference was the wilson short reach trigger.

Ive had multiple people shoot my 96 and they all return back saying it feels like 9mm

Less felt recoil especially on the 96
Faster return to target even faster on the 92x performance due to weight of the gun.

Smoother shooting than a langdon or wilson counterpart.

Perfects the 92x performance.

Ive shot them all back to back

My modded 92 vs langdon vs wilson vs 92x performance.

Only the 92x beat it due to sheer weight.
We also swapped in the piece to each one and each gun got better on target results.

I also did trigger springs and the typical d spring.

The last big difference was the wilson short reach trigger.

Ive had multiple people shoot my 96 and they all return back saying it feels like 9mm

its called placebo effect and it’s powerful

i suggest learning more about the locking block design and the problems with boosting recoil spring strength, as the locking lug will take an unnecessary beating.

all of this clown work on a 92 is fine until one starts running high rounds counts otherwise known as actually shooting the pistol, then the effects of retarded mods take their toll on the mechanics.

the solution for the 96 is to sell it and get a 92. For tards who just have to shoot 40 Beretta has kept the 96A1 in production, which has a thicker frame a la 92A1. Again Beretta has already solved whatever problems you may think need solving.

Last edited:
Guide rod swaps are the biggest gun swindle item in existence. You cannot defeat the laws of physics. You can mess with the dwell times and stuff like that at the gun but really you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul... on a good day you're probably just ruining the physics overhead of the gun and making it less reliable.

its called placebo effect and it’s powerful

i suggest learning more about the locking block design and the problems with boosting recoil spring strength, as the locking lug will take an unnecessary beating.

all of this clown work on a 92 is fine until one starts running high rounds counts otherwise known as actually shooting the pistol, then the effects of retarded mods take their toll on the mechanics.

the solution for the 96 is to sell it and get a 92. For tards who just have to shoot 40 Beretta has kept the 96A1 in production, which has a thicker frame a la 92A1. Again Beretta has already solved whatever problems you may think need solving.
Truth be told it probably does make the recoil /feel/ different but that doesn't mean that the energy levels expressed by the gun or any different because you can't defeat physics....

A classic example of this effect is the HK USP 40.... 40 doesn't feel as faggy and gay in a USP because of the way the dual stage recoil spring system is designed, it takes the sharp impulse and drags it out over time to make the gun not feel as snappy... of course the fact that the guns f****** gigantic helps to but it makes for a 40 that /feels/ more like a 45 ACP handgun when you shoot it....

Back
Top Bottom