• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Guns Thread from start to future

its called placebo effect and it’s powerful

i suggest learning more about the locking block design and the problems with boosting recoil spring strength, as the locking lug will take an unnecessary beating.

all of this clown work on a 92 is fine until one starts running high rounds counts otherwise known as actually shooting the pistol, then the effects of retarded mods take their toll on the mechanics.

the solution for the 96 is to sell it and get a 92. For tards who just have to shoot 40 Beretta has kept the 96A1 in production, which has a thicker frame a la 92A1. Again Beretta has already solved whatever problems you may think need solving.
If its such a placebo effect, then why do the langdons,wilsons and even variants of the 92 straight from beretta have different ones?

Why do 1911's have variants? And why do people swear by them?

People shit all over the 96, im not one of them.
I also have a 92, so no need to sell it.
Guide rod swaps are the biggest gun swindle item in existence. You cannot defeat the laws of physics. You can mess with the dwell times and stuff like that at the gun but really you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul... on a good day you're probably just ruining the physics overhead of the gun and making it less reliable.
Same question kinda applies here.
If they are such a swindle, then why does beretta themselves have different ones in varients of the 92 and wilson and langdon?

There has to be more behind it than just money.
Truth be told it probably does make the recoil /feel/ different but that doesn't mean that the energy levels expressed by the gun or any different because you can't defeat physics....

A classic example of this effect is the HK USP 40.... 40 doesn't feel as faggy and gay in a USP because of the way the dual stage recoil spring system is designed, it takes the sharp impulse and drags it out over time to make the gun not feel as snappy... of course the fact that the guns f****** gigantic helps to but it makes for a 40 that /feels/ more like a 45 ACP handgun when you shoot it....
The 9mm usp and 40 are esentially identical.
Minus the barrel and some extra milling on the slide.
Its not really that heavy of a gun.
I edc'd my 9mm the longest out of any of my guns.

Im not trying to be an a**h*** in my reaponses by any means.
But when ive had the chance to compare 4 92' at one singular time within moments of each other theres a definate difference between them.
16235548565081987475407470396618.jpg

If you wanted a close up of it there it is

Made my decision for the optics for my AR.
They will eventually make their way to the new build at some point.

IMG_20210617_203021.jpg

I already addressed the magnifier bilt gap situation. The flip up front will be addressed momentarily.

Well today, i made it one step closer to completing my Beretta family and welcomed a PX4 Storm.
But instead of the typical 9mm or the ever so prevelant 40 S&W, i went with 45 ACP like a proper Murican
IMG_20210715_225656.jpg

Now i can throw Murica at something like a german sounding all angry, or like a fancy Italian

Well today, i made it one step closer to completing my Beretta family and welcomed a PX4 Storm.
But instead of the typical 9mm or the ever so prevelant 40 S&W, i went with 45 ACP like a proper Murican
View attachment 502454

Now i can throw Murica at something like a german sounding all angry, or like a fancy Italian

Attachments

• 20210716_060856.jpg
    20210716_060856.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
So I missed this thread last year and am just seeing it now. You know, was busy...Covid and all. Works has been nuckin futs.
But I gotta say, I love this thread. 15 months ago, OP talked about his first handgun and asked for recommendations. Mentioned budget etc.
I didn't read the whole thread but jump 10 pages to recent post and OP is talking about his Baretta family and optics for his AR.

I like the way you roll @DarkJoker33. Very nice!

So a new thing happened over the past couple days and today.

Snagged a 22lr kit for the AR in the deals thread.
Wanted one since i shot a members here.
Price was right. So i got it.
IMG_20210727_203134.jpg

The second was a new spin on an already functional part of the AR.
IMG_20210727_203234.jpg

A charging handle and a cheek weld in one piece.
Big fan

And the third, was the today one.
I sent a sweet farewell yesterday by doing a final function check to the 308.
0726211849_HDR.jpg

0726211853_HDR.jpg

Sold it just an hour or so ago.
Many will shake their head at this, but thats ok.
I picked up a new toy.
Which is going to start a new trend in my gun buying/collecting.

IMG_20210727_203208.jpg

Yes, another cx4 storm. But this time around it chucks Murica(45acp) instead of 9mm.

Magazine compatibility is the theme.

Went and did a bit of shooting today with the new AR trigger I got a bit back.
Wanted to test accuracy of different ammo and barrel.
No one probably cares, but i like to keep track of it this way.
50 yards, red dot, 3x magnifier, handguard barrel rest, sitting were the conditions.

I could feel myself swaying the backk of the stock in all directions.
id get a handle on it every once n a while.

Project 01_08_2021.mp4

Last edited:
Went and did a bit of shooting today with the new AR trigger I got a bit back.
Wanted to test accuracy of different ammo and barrel.
No one probably cares, but i like to keep track of it this way.
50 yards, red dot, 3x magnifier, handguard barrel rest, sitting were the conditions.

I could feel myself swaying the backk of the stock in all directions.
id get a handle on it every once n a while.

Project 01_08_2021.mp4
If you want to reduce the movement when shooting from the bench, make yourself a cheap bag rest. Especially if you want to test the accuracy of the ammo in your rifle. Use an old sock and some airsoft pellets or something similar. Then you can just focus on your other shooting mechanics.
What did you use to record the video?

Slippery buttpad? If you’re shooting from a bench anyway, stabilize your stock with your off hand. Also, what COULD contribute to this is your grip angle.

Slippery buttpad? If you’re shooting from a bench anyway, stabilize your stock with your off hand. Also, what COULD contribute to this is your grip angle.
Nope but pad is grippy.
It was me, pushing my face against the stock or my body moving.
Bench didnt really fit me right.
And the block, was literally a piece of a 4x4 with carpet on it.

Nothing fancy.
I kept my support hand on my angled foregrip.

In the near future, ill be getting a new stock.
Im just hoping it works with the new charging handle setup i have.

Because i like it a lot minus the gas im getting in the face from it sneaking by

Maintenance and mod day

Picked up the
1. Langdon trigger job in a bag+trigger bar
2. Beretta steel trigger (factory is plastic)
3. Beretta extended mag release
4. Talon grips
5. Free G conversion

While doing it all, i did a complete tear down.
And holy shit did the previous owner not clean their shit.
Removed the extractor, and you couldnt even see the firing pin and spring with all the crud and grim in there.
Got the pin out, it was completly black.
Every corner and crevasse was caked with sh!t.
Firing pin guide as well.

Now its all sparkly clean.
Not perfect, but 95% better.

0809212021_HDR.jpg

0809212022_HDR.jpg
0809212251.jpg

Can y'all tell if im a Beretta whore yet?
IMG_20210821_231634.jpg
Hats because they were on sale
Shirt same reason.
Bit of plastic on the right so i can attach other plastic to the 9mm cx4
PX4 storm Special Duty/competition cam block to replace the regular one

Will it make a difference, i have no idea. Probably not. The special duty/competition sold me.

Just when i thought i was so close to done with my beretta collection, the come along with this.

Well at least it combines pretty much everything i want that i dont currently have in a 92.

Now if they redo the 92x performance with the rdo option like this, i might have too get 2.
Because i want an fde 92.

IMG_20210914_104737.jpg

IMG_20210914_104804.jpg

IMG_20210914_104838.jpg

Yes.
Langdon tactical pioneered it
Beretta definatly made it more eye pleasing though
In what world? They both look fantastic. All beretta did was beef up the plate. Photos of my personal gun with a test red dot. Not sure how I feel towards the 1moa though.
1631711578420.png
Looks sexy but with red dot you need to grab front serrations and an exposed barrel will burn your hand. I ran today non stop through 9 glock mags and heated up my g34 slide so much I could not touch it.

Either from slide release or red dot if necessary will do.

Pricey for a mounting plate. Less than having a slide milled by Langdon Tactical though.

In what world? They both look fantastic. All beretta did was beef up the plate. Photos of my personal gun with a test red dot. Not sure how I feel towards the 1moa though.
View attachment 522927

Either from slide release or red dot if necessary will do.
If i recall correctly, there are more permanent hardcuts on the LTT rdo cut. Kinda like no cover.
So if you run it w/o the dot, ots kinda fugly and exposed.

Not all neat and pretty and polished like berettas.

I could be wrong though.

And yes, the sro is prime time on the gun

If i recall correctly, there are more permanent hardcuts on the LTT rdo cut. Kinda like no cover.
So if you run it w/o the dot, ots kinda fugly and exposed.

Not all neat and pretty and polished like berettas.

I could be wrong though.

And yes, the sro is prime time on the gun

I dont think there is a way to have an RDS on a 92 and not have it look like shit, it's just the nature of TV sets on old handguns.

Pricey for a mounting plate. Less than having a slide milled by Langdon Tactical though.

There is another option out there as well.
I cant revall the name of it at the moment, but it adds a pic rail via the dove tail.
So you can run pretty much every rdo under the sun.
It also doubles as a regular sight as well.
With the rdo mounted, you can still see the front sight post

Back
Top Bottom