My grown daughter finally got her permit renewal completed on the 89th day!

Ya know, you raise them as best as you can but they still find a way to get your dander up. My grown 32 year old daughter has had her permit for the past 5 years. She got married. She and her new husband bought a house. That caused her renewal letter to be late in arriving. Still, she had the 90 days past the expiration date to take care of the renewal. Well, she waited until the 89th day and then ended up calling my wife to ask if we still had a copy of her birth certificate! I was pulling my hair out.

But, all is well.

She drove to Middletown and said there was only one other person in line. She had her birth certificate in hand as well as her marriage license and her driver's license showing the new address. She expected a shit storm of issues but ya know what? The person doing the renewals didn't even look at her credentials at all. My daughter said all she had to do was fill out a name change form and she had her permit in less than 7 minutes.

Go figure. If it had been me, they would have ended up scrutinizing every bit of data but a pretty young lady walks in and out after, what has to be, one of the more complicated renewals. Sheesh! At least I don't have to give her another class!

Just thought I'd share a bit.

Rome

Not everyone feels this is a priority like most of us, they tend to put family, household chores, paying bills and all that happy stuff first. Me, I'll be homeless, family gone, but by god, I'll do the LTC renewal on time every time.[laugh] But, the happy end to the story is she got it taken care of in that damn nick of time.

Back
Top Bottom