• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My gripe with a LGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

expedition03

NES Member
I stopped into a LGS in East Bridgewater to see what they have. When I was at the register, one of the employees "Tom" and I were discussing glocks and how MA sucks in regards to buy one that is not an antique. He was a former auxillary police officer and he said that NO mass civilian in MA can own a gen 3 or 4 glock in MASS and that it's ILLEGAL for one to process them. I explained there are two lists, one everyone gets happy because we all think we can own any glock and then the buzz killer, the AG list and he said nope, he knows the law and no Gen 3 or 4. is allowed to possessed or owned by a MASS cilivan! I was so pissed off and mad that I don't know if I will go back. The store is owned by a retired police LT, but he was helping others with a firearm, so I didn't get a chance to get his prospective but I was mad because I know this employee "Tom" because he taught driving school and I happened to take it with him. I don't want to out the store, but the name is opposite is when you shoot "off target", in E. Bridgewater on 18. I am so mad. [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry] End of gripe!

Funny, I was in there today too. The guys I spoke with seemed alright. I did talk to Tom but he was trying to be helpful and not an interpreter of MA law.

They only care about their little world.

If they can't sell it, they aren't interested in the nuance or ambiguity of any law that lets us "possess" them.

And thats why i have multiple 1911's, hail to he king baby.

Ha ha man im starting crap now, but ya that guy is clueless as to the actual laws on firearm sales

Last edited:
He was a former auxillary police officer.
He knows the law and no Gen 3 or 4. is allowed to possessed or owned by a MASS cilivan!

Why didn't he become full time or why did he leave the department?
How come I still have my Gen 4 along with thousands of others on this site? All of us aren't LE and we all legally bought them or transferred them into the state. When do you think the gun police will be coming to get me?

This name; "Tom" keeps coming up in threads like these.

Yet people continue to be surprised at what this "Tom" has to say. [thinking]

Oh great another Glock expert behind a sales counter. [rolleyes]

If its the store I think it is they use a Glock in their web page add. [thinking]

When I run into guys like that I just move along.

Sometimes you just have to accept that some people are stupid.

You don't have to educate the world.

Some people you just can't help and that is just fine.

He may be looking out for his own interests are well.

To all that still don't get it and are asking what's the name of the shop.... He gave a very clear hint and said the opposite of "Off Tagrget" I'm guessing On Target???
Also IBTL

My Gen5.1 is paid for. I just need to go and pick it up.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

i don't know tom . if it's close and convenient for you i'd give it a second chance with ed. weekdays are probably best. if it wasn't a totally inconvenient location for me i'd go by more often

Give Ed a call during the day, he's good people. Just because you own a shop doesn't mean that you know what every employee might say or know. Also suggest to Ed that he have Tom sign up for one of my MA Gun Law Seminars (which I give 1 day/month at Ed's shop)!!

Best never to talk gun laws with gun shop employees or police officers!

We can't own gen 3s or 4s? Uh-oh..big time sweep coming to your neighborhood(s). Quick, bury your Glocks..

What does an average gun store clerk make? 10 bucks an hour? 15?

You get what you pay for, as they say.

And just to be clear, and stir the pot, you are both wrong. Him for being an idiot a spewing his non-sense as truth. You, because there is NO AG list, 2nd list, secret list, or whatever people call it these days.

This thread is gonna go swimmingly. [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom