• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Google-Fu is weak today

Sorry to make a whole new thread for this, but I'm having terrible luck finding an online article that was mentioned on NES a while ago.

IIRC, the article reported an incident involving a female police officer that pulled over a cruiser and exited the vehicle to engage a perpetrator. The officer unknowingly had brushed the magazine release of her pistol against the seat belt buckle and when she rose out of the car and drew her duty gun, the magazine fell out of the pistol. To the best of my recollection, her partner covered her and she was able to reload with a spare magazine. I want to say this was in NYC, but I'm far from certain.

This sound familiar to anyone? I'd love a link to the story. I spent about 15 minutes Googling and had no luck.

Thanks!

Who writes this crap?

I didn't know the heart got relocated to the shoulder. /sarc

The clip in heroic Brooklyn cop Tara Hayes’ gun dislodged as she rushed to save her partner from a deranged ex-con, leaving her just one round to fire at the madman before he could get a shot off, sources told The Post.

But Hayes hit her target with sniper-like precision — striking heavily armed Michael Romero in the shoulder with a bullet that pierced his heart.

The quick-thinking cop caught it and slid it back in, sources said, but she hadn’t truly locked the magazine into the gun — which requires pointing the weapon toward the ground and pulling the slide back, the source said.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the round was deflected down from shoulder bones into the chest cavity where it hit the heart. If she were truly shooting with "sniper-like precision" she would have but that round directly into the chest cavity in the first place. [wink]

I didn't know that I had to point my pistols at the ground and rack the slide to lock the magazine into place. I've been doing it wrong all these years. Ya learn somethin' new every day. [laugh]

I didn't know that I had to point my pistols at the ground and rack the slide to lock the magazine into place. I've been doing it wrong all these years. Ya learn somethin' new every day. [laugh]

Tap. Rack. Slide. Point at ground. Slide again. Tap a couple more times. Slide again.

Doesn't everyone do it that way?

Who writes this crap?

I didn't know the heart got relocated to the shoulder. /sarc
Could be sideways to the perp
I'm guessing that the round was deflected down from shoulder bones into the chest cavity where it hit the heart. If she were truly shooting with "sniper-like precision" she would have but that round directly into the chest cavity in the first place. [wink][laugh]

In between the eyes or elsewhere in the melon

Hey, even if the NY Post article is lacking, I've got names to search for now. I'm sure this has been covered by other news outlets, too.

Thanks for the link, DonKroob!

How about the .357 turning into a .44 Ruger Magnum or the heroic cop sticking his thumb behind the hammer to prevent it from firing after it was empty.

Back
Top Bottom