• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Glock cracked

I have a Glock 17 that has a crack in the right side from the slide to the back of the mag release button. I noticed it the other day but have no idea how long it has been there.
Has anyone seen one like this? I called Glock and they said send it in and they will see if it is covered under warranty. The guy I talked to said as long as it doesn't look like abuse, it should be covered.
It Is a Glock 17 made in 1989 with thousands of rounds through it.

Attachments

• Glock crack 2.jpg
    Glock crack 2.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 606
  • Glock crack 1.jpg
    Glock crack 1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 516
Did you buy it new or used?
I have a Glock 17 that has a crack in the right side from the slide to the back of the mag release button. I noticed it the other day but have no idea how long it has been there.
Has anyone seen one like this? I called Glock and they said send it in and they will see if it is covered under warranty. The guy I talked to said as long as it doesn't look like abuse, it should be covered.
It Is a Glock 17 made in 1989 with thousands of rounds through it.

Hopefully Glock will be able to find you a Gen2 or early Gen3 frame. I don't believe they send any newer frames to MA, even though it's legal.

Glock is fair, they don't care if it's new or bought pre-owned. Won't even ask I'd bet.

Glock has great customer service. You have nothing to worry about, they will make it right.

Depending on how the OP handles this he could be in for pleasant response or a nightmare. Glock may not have any old shit pre-98 frames to send into MA. There are ways around this but I'm not gonna talk about it in public.

-Mike

Shouldn't the office of public safety or whatever-bs [puke] be concerned about the accumulating masses of old and worn firearms that should be replaced by new firearms? I mean, stuff breaks after long use, 15-20y plastic is bound to wear out. Even airliners have life-spans. Doesn't sound safe to me... [banghead]

I had an issue with a glock 17 from that same year (gen1). When i sent it in years ago it took several months (9)for them to get a replacement frame. I have no idea if they have anymore gen1 frames. I doubt it very much. I was told they didn't put any away for later repairs. DO NOT SEND MAGS WITH IT. you will never see them again. YMMV good luck

Others have already mentioned it, but I would be very certain there won't be any breaking of balls getting it back from Glock before shipping it out.

Wasn't there a thread a few months back about someone with a G26 or G27 that had a cracked frame and after going back and forth with Glock and the AGs office he was able to get it replaced with a brand new frame and I thought had the AGs office write a letter to Glock letting them know it was ok to replace it with new. Maybe when I get to a computer I can look it up as searching on a phone bites.

You know, I've noticed some plastics are designed in such a manner that withing a certain passing of time they become brittle and start to crack.

Could there be an actual shelf-life to Glock plastic? Even if it's a 25 year shelf life, that still should make us wonder why we don't own a couple all steel pistols to keep around, if you know what I mean.

Shouldn't the office of public safety or whatever-bs [puke] be concerned about the accumulating masses of old and worn firearms that should be replaced by new firearms? I mean, stuff breaks after long use, 15-20y plastic is bound to wear out. Even airliners have life-spans. Doesn't sound safe to me... [banghead]

How does this contribute in any meaningful way to the problem of Glocks in the Commonwealth. It's not funny. You raise an interesting point that maybe you should bring up with your state rep. Probably won't do much good, but better than just posting something on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom