• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My girlfriend spoke her mind tonight.

blindndead

NES Member
I didnt know she was following the crap that was going on in FL thats my job, but it must be the talk of her workplace. She cought wind of another crime on FB that went on in 2007. http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=6023706 she kind of flipped out and I like it. Here is her post on FB copyed and pasted.

So when you find this in snopes, it gives you what the real details of this horrific crime were in official reports. It also states why it was likely ignored by national stations stating, " However, the notion that every major news outlet in the U.S. (all of them competitive, profit making businesses) conspired to ignore what would other wise have been a compelling national story is rather implausible. A more rational explanation might be found in the sober observation that murders- even decidedly horrific murders- are unfortunately too frequent an occurrence in the U.S. for all of to garner national attention. The cases that do tend to attract prolonged, nation wide coverage are ones exhibiting a combination of factors ( e.g., scandal, mystery, sexual elements, celebrity involvement, shockingly large numbers of deaths, victims who especially elicit sympathy)". If that is the case, why is that an 18 year old gangster's death by a Latino in Florida is making an outrage in the black community nationally? I'm not racist, I respect those who respect me and treat others the way they treat me. It just upsets me when statements made in a popular fact finding website are speculative as to WHY this case wasn't national news. The reasons stated for the over sight of this particular event explains WHY it should have been national news. The verdict for 4 of the perps was over turned due to speculation that the original presiding judge was intoxicated!!!!! Now they have to be retried on the TAX Payer's dime!!!!!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

You might not all agree that is fine. I enjoyed her rant I just wanted to share.

I found it interesting that she got so heated and took the time to research court cases and news articles. I wish more people would do the same instead of jumping on the media band wagon, Im proud of her.

You are a lucky man. Your girlfriend seems to have a brain and a backbone. However, it does disqualify her from holding public office.

The details of that double murder in Knoxeville, 2007 are absolutely horrific. I had forgotten about that story until yesterday when another NES member posted a link of the complete story on FB, also asking why it never made national news.

Trust me, you don't want your GF to read the coroner's report of what those two people went through in the final hours of their lives. Or maybe you do if she doesn't take self defense and situational awareness seriously enough. It's enough to give someone nightmares. How someone could do things like that to another living being (human or otherwise) is f*cking beyond comprehension.

Anyhow, the details of that case and the Zimmerman/ Martin one are completely different. If you could take the racial element completely out of it, in one you have 2 victims undergoing hours of torture. In the other you have a young guy who was shot by (and I'm just going on what I can gather from all "facts" that I've read on the incident) a busybody who should have just minded his own damn business and not engaged a "suspicious person". But ultimately we can't take the racial element out of it because everyone is so fixated on what color this person's skin is when they did this to that person, or what country that person is from when they had this done to them by another person... blah blah blah.

Racial tension is quite a touchy thing and unfortunately I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Awesome rant by your girlfriend! It's sad what is deemed news worthy and what is not hence I don't watch the stuff! Print media is only slightly better than television as they aren't pressed for time and can report more stories...

Back
Top Bottom