• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My gf's son's After School Survey question: "Have you ever held a gun or knife?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently, my gf's 8 year old son's after school group thought it was important to make all the kids take this survey asking them a whole slew of questions, which included: have you ever seen anyone with a gun or knife? Have you ever held a gun or knife?

Wtf is this shit?

He answered yes to the former and no to the latter (even though he has held my firearms-i teach him proper safety and all that jazz) because as he said: He didn't want to cause any problems for me.

My response: An after school club that allows their 12+ year olds to play Call of Duty and Modern Warfare but then has the audacity to ask questions like that without the parent's or guardian's insight? (And no, i have no issues with video games). I just find it hypocritical.

My gf's response: They asked you if you've ever seen anyone with a knife? You tell them, sure you have. You've see your mother use one every time she cooks.

My gf and I will be going in on Monday to ask who was the ingrate who thought this was a bright idea.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I will. I am severely agitated by this. Stick to doing your damn job: running a ****ing after school. Stay the **** out of my kid's non after school life.

My gf expects a phonecall from the admins, hence why we are going to get a jump on them and go in Monday.

Why wasn't "have you ever been behind the wheel of a car?" On there? Oh right, it's a retarded question that has no bearing on anything, which is exactly what their gun and knife questions are worth: nothing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

He should reply "No, I don't touch knives because they are dangerous and killy; I use my fingers to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches now".

Damn, the questions that are being asked by people who have no business asking the questions in the first place is getting out of hand. I thought at first that it would be fun to f*ck with these assclowns when my son gets older. Now I dunno. I have a feeling I'll be going to the school to pick him up early very often because he balled up the questionnaire and threw it back at the teacher while saying "go f*ck yourself, none of your business".

My kids are not old enough for school, 1 month old and a 21 month old.. But man I can't believe they ask this stuff at an after school program. Gun safety training is not their responsibility. It is the parents. I could only imagine what answers they would have gotten out of me at that age, " yes I have seen and held both Guns and knives. How else are you suppose to gut a deer you just shot?"

Go in there and rip them a new one and let us know how it goes!!

Ya it is pretty ridiculous that, now a days, you have to teach your 5yr old to say "Please direct all questions to my attorney." This shit is rite in line with getting asked "How many guns do you have in your home?" by medical personnel. If you really want to get a reaction when they ask do what I did.

Intake person- How many guns do you have in your home?
Me- The question you should be asking is how many do I have WITH ME!

It went over great!! I laughed my ass off as she jumped up and left the room. About 10 min later an unarmed security guard came in and asked if I had any guns with me. I said "No, but if I did you would be even more useless than you currently are." I nearly pissed myself watching everyone walking around like I could just explode or something. It was hysterical. You want a "gun nut" I'll show you a ****ing "gun nut" lol

Ya it is pretty ridiculous that, now a days, you have to teach your 5yr old to say "Please direct all questions to my attorney." This shit is rite in line with getting asked "How many guns do you have in your home?" by medical personnel. If you really want to get a reaction when they ask do what I did.

It went over great!! I laughed my ass off as she jumped up and left the room. About 10 min later an unarmed security guard came in and asked if I had any guns with me. I said "No, but if I did you would be even more useless than you currently are." I nearly pissed myself watching everyone walking around like I could just explode or something. It was hysterical. You want a "gun nut" I'll show you a ****ing "gun nut" lol

[laugh2] that's great!

- - - Updated - - -

can't do that anymore either little billy is alergic to peanut butter

lay off the purell, then....

I smell the influence of the local PD. they do this sort of shit in concert with the DA's office, and generate investigative reports with them. Tell that young man to decline.

I smell the influence of the local PD. they do this sort of shit in concert with the DA's office, and generate investigative reports with them. Tell that young man to decline.

This. "Sir, you HAVE to answer" "Or?" "Or.... we'll do.... something"

Its For The Children

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely let us know how it goes. I saw a very odd assignment from my 10 year old. It was a "career" assignment, Police Officer:

it basically asked if anyone in your family has committed crimes... Mother of God...

My sons school was recently visited by the military. 6th grade. My son was excited. Talked about our ar's, Ak's, and our big gun savage arms 10-ba. Which of course he calls the "sniper rifle". Supposedly he took over the show moving it from a "military" discussion to a "keys compare guns" topic.

Heard all about it. No call from the school. But to my amazement maybe 5% negative. A good amount of my kid's friends parents were apprehensive of our guns. Many have become supportive and not just let me, but encourage their kids to go. I feel like I'm making A difference.

Were in western mass. Not Springfield. The real western mass

it's amazing how schools refuse to ask questions like, "are you in the country legally?" but they feel it's okay to ask such a question

once some gang-banger gets arrested the ACLU will step in and put a stop to this

until then we're screwed.

He answered yes to the former and no to the latter (even though he has held my firearms-i teach him proper safety and all that jazz) because as he said: He didn't want to cause any problems for me.

8 yrs old and he has to have the presence of mind to lie to protect you... As much as he shouldn't have had to lie, I am glad he did and impressed he knew he needed to. Smart kid and one who will make it in life.

8 yrs old and he has to have the presence of mind to lie to protect you... As much as he shouldn't have had to lie, I am glad he did and impressed he knew he needed to. Smart kid and one who will make it in life.

It's pretty effin sad that our kids need to lie to the man now....

You should have put "Yes" for both with no explanation for either and told your gf's son that if they asked about it to say: "I see mommy with a knife every time she makes supper, and I held a knife the other day when I was putting butter on my toast." Waste their time just like they wasted yours when they sent that questionnaire home.

You're rude, crude and socially unacceptable. I like that in a person! Just wish I could have been there to watch you make them all wet their panties.
happy72.gif

When I got asked by a nurse if I felt safe in my home I looked at her puzzled; didn't know what she was asking. When she explained, I just laughed.

I just deleted several posts referring to and linking to some stuff that definitely doesn't belong on this forum.

There were several posters involved and rather than issue infractions to each, I will tell each of you that if you post any more of that crap, you will all get a vacation from this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom