• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Garands

Soxfan9

NES Member
All three of these came from the CMP as service grades. From left to right: 1944 SA (Danish Navy marked), 1945 SA, and 1954 HRA. All three came with original barrels. I have sold the HRA, but the others are keepers. I have many other rifles, but nothing beats an M1.
all3.jpg
[/img]

Very sweet!
I have 2 CMP Service Grade USGI M1's. '44 SA and a 50 something HRA. The SA has an HRA barrel dated 8-51. The first month of HRA's contract to build replacement parts for M1's, 2 yrs before they started building complete Garands.

I'm loving the wood on those first two...Great looking rifles, great buy man. My grandpa has a couple I believe and he'll be handing them down to me I believe...

Just wondering, while we're on the topic of Garands, would it be worth it to go to Camp Perry and select your Garand? I believe I heard you can do this, but if not, nevermind.

I've got a Danish Winchester that I'm putting back toclose to proper configuration. I've changed the wood with some I had that was decent and reasonably matched, and have a milled trigger guard on it now.

Thanks guys. Kalahari - you can pick one out at Camp Perry, but you usually get a nice rifle through luck of the draw. Except for the handguards on the HRA I had great luck. Nickle - if you need a WRA / GHD stock let me know.

Back
Top Bottom