My First Purchase! Ain't she beautiful

El_Guapo77

NES Member
Or she will be once i get her all cleaned up[smile] the numbers appear to be all matching. wondering if its a possible sino soviet? will have to wait till it get totally clean

20140529_215805.jpg20140529_215646.jpg20140529_215857.jpg

It is a Sino-Soviet (letter prefix) gun as we have traditionally considered over the past 30-plus years.

But there are recent revelations, regarding serial number, features and inspection stamping which credibly lend to the theory that these guns were built in 1960 and 1961, and of entirely Chinese production.

Here is a link to the evidential study,

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=131179.0

Reminds me of a new born baby... they come out all sticky and gooey but clean up just fine and are beautiful in either condition!

Enjoy your new toy.

first range trip:

1) load one round and make sure it fires
2) load 2 rounds and make sure it fires in semi auto mode
3) load 3 and verify step 2
4) load it up and have fun.

I had the misfortune of being next to a guy with a not so de-cosmolined SKS who loaded up 10 and pulled the trigger for the first time. It went full auto and scared the living crap out of both of us.

Awesome - I have a cosmo'd one as well sitting in the safe that I haven't had time to clean - maybe this summer when work slows down.
Happy shooting!

Above all else, make sure you clean the firing pin and the firing pin channel in the bolt.....squeaky clean.

Have fun.

Slamfire with a cosmolocked firing pin is a pants changing event. Had it happen on the second mag for me. Learned my lesson.

Sent from my LT30p

Above all else, make sure you clean the firing pin and the firing pin channel in the bolt.....squeaky clean.

Have fun.

This! Nothing ruins a first range run then a stuck firing pin. Been there, done that, didn't get the t-shirt........

An SKS is almost a mandatory item in any safe. Everyone should have the pleasure of cleaning up cosmo. Brings up great memories. Remember, no matter how much you clean her, she will weep cosmo in the hot sun. It's inevitable and ultimately impossible to get all of it out of the wood.

Reminds me of a new born baby... they come out all sticky and gooey but clean up just fine and are beautiful in either condition!
LL
Enjoy your new toy.

Your a sick man Rich,but I love it! LOL[smile]

Finally got her cleaned up and put back in one piece only managed to slightly burn myself with boiling hot water the firing pin was a pain in the ass had to pound on the thing for like an hour before I could get the pin out

Attachments

• 20140601_170040.jpg
    20140601_170040.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 32
first range trip:

1) load one round and make sure it fires
2) load 2 rounds and make sure it fires in semi auto mode
3) load 3 and verify step 2
4) load it up and have fun.

I had the misfortune of being next to a guy with a not so de-cosmolined SKS who loaded up 10 and pulled the trigger for the first time. It went full auto and scared the living crap out of both of us.

THIS! [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom