My first project!

Hey everyone! I'm still an uber n00b here, and still pretty new to the world of actually owning and using guns, but I've started my first real project! It's a simple classic, but I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with it regardless. I'm converting my Saiga-12 to an 18" barrel (I just checked the gas system and found four holes!) and a pistol grip and maybe a folding stock if I feel crazy! Woo!

Have fun in jail... I count at least two felonies there.

Edit: Make that one felony.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for saying that in the first place, then. Massachusetts laws are so simple to interpret and all.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

[wink] - the Mass laws are clearly written and easy to understand. don't you know? the problem is 100% of "legal" MA gun owners are TSTL [rolleyes]

it's all our fault.

Unlike rifles, AW shotguns have a slight different definition. Base definition is a semi auto with more than one evil feature. The detachable mag and the pistol grip are both evil features.

Guess I didn't realize the Siaga used magazines. I was, and am, under the impression that Shotguns weren't regulated by the AWB.

Vell, can you quote a reference?

"The term "semiautomatic assault weapon" means - ..."
"(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of -

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the

action of the weapon;

(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine."

from 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as referenced in MGL Chapter 140: Section 121.

No, unlike some things, semi-automatic means what it says in MA law as far as I know.

140MGL121 said:
the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

Back
Top Bottom