• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my first M1 Garand. (Pic heavy)

I have shot a lot of rifles various m4, m16, aks aks rugers and soon on..the m1 garand is the best rifle I have shot. There is something sweet about the big round hauling ass down range with very little recoil. Even with eight rounds I'd feel comfortable with the world ending-the bayonet and the club like stock would make it a good weapon when the bullets run out

There is something about the M1..... I like when someone who never shot one is putting shots on target in a short period of time.
My great uncle score expert on the M1 during WWII.
He at some point in 1943 went to Washington state to train with 10th mountain division where he made expert on the Tommy gun and BAR. He would later spend the remaining of the war in the mountains of Italy.....never talked much of it. I bought my first after he passed. Although I did get to ask him about the firearms he used. He said there was no other pistol (1911) or rifle(M1) at that time he would rather go to battle with. I think about him every time I shoot mine.

Back
Top Bottom