• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my first M1 Garand. (Pic heavy)

That's awesome! I'm hoping my next purchase will be an M1 Garand. You got that for a steal at just under $530! Really neat serial number as well!

Nice rifle. April 1940 receiver.

You have to be careful when you get an M1 on the private market to make sure it's not a re-weld receiver. Check it real well.

For under 600$ even it turns out to be a welded receiver you can part it out and make money.
Nice looking gun. I like the zinc park color. Don't see that much these days.
Looks like a post war rebuild. I do not have details memorized.
As far as the stock fit. It does look a little odd. How is the lock up on the trigger latch?
Any markings on the stock? Look carefully for "blue sky" import stamp on the barrel. They can be very faint. No matter a decent looking unit and if it shoots and can hold the black ring you got a deal.

Now its time to get personal with your new M1
http://www.civilianmarksmanship.com/detailstrip.html

Then go shoot it!

Last edited:
Nice find and congrats!

Check it out at the range & if it's shooting OK, be sure to try a CMP clinic!

Only marking on barrel is an Arlington Ord mark near the reciever end. Havent seen and other marks yet.

imported by Arlington ordnance. check receiver closely. They came from Korea in the 90s I think.
As whole rifles, parts kits I have no idea.

They had ones they "up graded" with new barrels and better stocks? Also offered 308" might want to check that also.

if your having any doubts I will give you what you paid for it.

Last edited:
Ok so took it down and looked it over. Gas tube is very tight. Passes the op-rod test. The only info im finding using the sn and draw numbers, it appears both numbers are springfield and both from april 1940. One site has my draw number ending at 35000 and the next number starting with sn 35001. I dont see any obvious cut/ weld marks on it. Ill post pics in a few of the reciever.

Ok so took it down and looked it over. Gas tube is very tight. Passes the op-rod test. The only info im finding using the sn and draw numbers, it appears both numbers are springfield and both from april 1940. One site has my draw number ending at 35000 and the next number starting with sn 35001. I dont see any obvious cut/ weld marks on it. Ill post pics in a few of the reciever.

Since it is a Korea import, it seems like it would be less likely to be a reweld. Here is a guide to what to look for on a reweld http://fulton-armory.com/faqs/M1G-FAQs/Weld.htm

Very nice deal.

imported by Arlington ordnance. check receiver closely. They came from Korea in the 90s I think.
As whole rifles, parts kits I have no idea.

They had ones they "up graded" with new barrels and better stocks? Also offered 308" might want to check that also.

if your having any doubts I will give you what you paid for it.

If you want some history, Google "M1 Arlington Ordnance" or "M1 Bluesky".

Back
Top Bottom