• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first IDPA match

MadRussian

Army Veteran
I was out at Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club this morning for my first time shooting IDPA. I've been meaning to do it for a while but...never mind, no excuse.
Four stages, first one I did in about 27 seconds, the last one was about 21 seconds - by that point I felt a little more comfortable. A few mistakes here and there, but nothing major - overall I'm very happy.
Fewer shots then a usual range trip, but much better training IMO.
Now I can't wait until the next one.

How was the experience at the club? I keep meaning to get over there to give it a try but haven't yet (stupid kids... lol). Beginner friendly, etc?

Congrats on your first match. Be careful, this stuff can be addicting. I shoot 4+ matches / month in the summer.

Anyone who's been meaning to come out to a match, just jump in and do it. You'll wonder why you waited so long.

I just put in my aplication to join at Nenemesek. I can't wait to start going to the events held there.

You don't have to be a member to shoot at an event, just look at the schedule and show up.

How was the experience at the club? I keep meaning to get over there to give it a try but haven't yet (stupid kids... lol). Beginner friendly, etc?

I shot there once before at a Bowling Pin Shoot (next one is this Sunday), so they recognized me. But I told them I never shot IDPA before so they kept an extra eye on me and explained a few things a little more then usual.
The range is nice, and it's the only 300yd range within reasonable distance. And they have an outdoor only range price.

I wonder if you would like USPSA? Similar but free-er game.

I came across this video - local too.

As long as I have the time and the money, I'll try pretty much anything.
Bud I doubt I will leave the "stock" or "factory" class (for now).
Just shooting at the range got boring a while ago. I would rather spend the same amount of ammo competing and learning from better shooters then just stand there and try to hit the same piece of paper.
I want to be able to hold my own at any of these shooting competitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our program at Lee has come a long way thanks to Bob and now Andy and some pretty diverse shooters. We'd love to have you out for a shoot - worth the drive and we are always looking for more experienced IDPA shooters and organizers to help push us along...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom