• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MY FIRST GUN. GOT IT!

Got my MP9MM today what a great gun. The trigger doesnt bother me at all. Ran 100 rounds thru it and 60 hollow points. It was perfect. Got it at Four Seasons from the guy with a mohawk. Pretty great store.

question- The tenth round in the mag is so freakin tough to get in there any advice?

question- How often do I clean it? Or just wipe it down?

Congrats!!!! Picking my .40 up tomorrow night.

Read the manual on the cleaning and lube process. Usually a good idea to clean a new firearm to get off any the factory packing gunk.

We need some action pics [smile]

The tenth round is usually a PITA. Over time, the spring will fatigue and the tenth round will be easier to put into the mag.

Try leaving the mags loaded. This should help decrease spring tension when reloading.

Where's the pics?!?!?!?!!?

Got my MP9MM today what a great gun. The trigger doesnt bother me at all. Ran 100 rounds thru it and 60 hollow points. It was perfect. Got it at Four Seasons from the guy with a mohawk. Pretty great store.

question- The tenth round in the mag is so freakin tough to get in there any advice?

I would recommend the Uplula for loading the mags. It makes life a whole lot easier.

1. Thumb push-ups. The mag spring will loosen up a bit the more you shoot it. You don't need to load ten all the time either.

2. Clean? huh? I decided a while ago I'm only going to clean my HK after I get a failure on it. That was about ~400 rds ago. I throw a couple of drops of lube on the slide every now and then.

We did have one FTE. My buddy was shootin it and he said it felt like there wasnt enough powder and it just didnt have the same bang every other shot did. Bad load possible?

I've got the M&P 40 and love it. They're great guns, I'm sure you'll be happy. Although I am looking to get a trigger job. That's the one thing I'm not crazy about with the pistol.

As far as the mag... is it a shiny metal or a more dull finish? The reason I ask is when I bought my M&P, Smith and Wesson was having a promotion and I got two free extra mags with the purchase. (Came in the mail about 8 weeks later) I noticed the mags I got in the mail (the ones with the dull finish) will only hold 9 rounds. I don't know why? I can fit 10 in the mag but it will not seat in the mag well. The two mags that came with the pistol (the more shiny metal) work flawlessly. IDK, I tend to only load about 5 rounds at a time anyway to practice so it doesn't bother me much.

Only other thing I can offer is that the mag spring will ease up a bit the more you load them. The first time I loaded mine it was tough, I've put about 500 rounds through mine so far (using mostly the orig mags that came with it), and the mag is much easier to load now.

As previously stated, read the manual. Everything you need to know about cleaning it is in there. Also, not sure how this compares to other pistols as this is my first, but I was a bit confused at first on how to field strip it. It didn't want to come apart for me. I didn't realize you had to disengage the sear before the take down would function properly. Again it's in the manual.

keep the mags loaded for a few weeks with 9 or 10 rounds.

*note, it is interesting to me that you are having these issues, my M&P 40 actually holds 10+1 easily, and the thing is still cherry (less than 500 rounds through it). right now, it's loaded with 10+1 in the safe

cleaning: read the manual. 5 drops of lube as instructed, clean every 300 or so rounds (for me anyway).

Negative. Springs do not wear or get soft from static loads.

well, it seemed to work with my Glock, 1911, AR and XD mags.

-especially the glock mags. that 10th or 13th rounds WAS a bitch to get in w/o excessive force. [grin]

At first I didn't mind the stock MP trigger. When I first shot my MP, it was my first time shooting in a few months.

A few days ago I went to the range and continued to think to myself, I really dont think I need a trigger job. Then I grabbed my p345 that I haven't shot in a while and realized I got a better grouping since the SA trigger is very light.

To each their own, however.

Congrats on your M&P Purchase!! [cheers] If you want to try out my M&P9c with trigger job to see the difference between the two triggers shoot me a PM!

Congrats!! I'm glad you love it.. I left my new mags loaded, and they loosened up quite a bit.. As for the FTE, I hope it was a fluke, I have them constantly..

nice choice, the trigger doesent bother you because you only know that trigger. m&p triggers suck big time, get a trigger job[wink]

There is a lot of truth there. I actually don't mind the heavy trigger on my M&P but once you start shooting different firearms, you'll realize that the M&P is VERY heavy. If you can learn to shoot that gun well as-is, you'll find yourself shooting lighter trigger guns even better.

Wisdom from people with a lot more expertise than me is to load the mags and leave them loaded for a few weeks.

Also as suggested, pick up a UpLula . . . you can use it to load almost every semi-auto pistol mag and save your fingers.

nice choice, the trigger doesent bother you because you only know that trigger. m&p triggers suck big time, get a trigger job[wink]

I fully agree here. Try someone's M&P with a trigger job and you'll understand.

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals. I will keep it for ever. SO now the question is storage. Do I keep it in the safe or get a little box and lock it in the bedroom?

Four Seasons is a great shop with great help. I had the guy with a mohawk.

Back
Top Bottom