• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first firearm!!

Haha indeed sire!
Is he your dad?

Gratz on the glock. I would try and find a police trade in G19 so you have spare parts. (and a backup)

And a G26 for EDC, as it shares mags. And more mags. Many more.

I found glock 17 mags to be cheaper at times.

Before you buy 6 more glocks (cough) make sure you want to stick with glocks. I like ours and shoot them well, but having a critical mass of them (and mags for then) has precluded my buying an M&P. Even though I want to try them out. (or a Sign)

Awesome choice! My first was a very worn G23 .40 🤫. Police trade in. Still love it. Will never part with it.

Please learn how to use it. I've got my list of people who have bought their first gun sometime in the last 6 months listed in order of who I think will be the first to do a stupid thing.
Trust me I know the feeling. But I am not one to meddle with safety issues. Since its new and I'm getting used to it. I check, double check, triple check, quadruple check my firearm any time I handle it or put it away. No need telling me these things aren't a joke and should be treated with respect.

Trust me I know the feeling. But I am not one to meddle with safety issues. Since its new and I'm getting used to it. I check, double check, triple check, quadruple check my firearm any time I handle it or put it away. No need telling me these things aren't a joke and should be treated with respect.
And don’t ever assume the other guy that might hand you a firearm will do the same. My buddy recently got into firearms, he bought a brand new AR and wanted me to mount a scope on it. We go to his kitchen table and he takes the rifle out of the safe and hands it to me saying it’s “Safe” since he took the mag out. Well he places it on the table with his 9 year old son across from it. I pick it up, step away from the table In the opposite direction of everyone and check to make sure it’s actually safe and Ofcourse there was a F’kin round in the chamber. So please DO NOT TRUST ANYONE that tells you a gun is safe without checking it yourself in a safe manner.

Congrats and welcome to the fold!

My first was, of course, a 1911. But not everyone's got good taste like me. [rofl]

Now look around on NES for. $.60 per round ammo. It seems like going price for range ammo. Gunbroker listing for $1 per round and it sells fast. Then add shipping. Crazy.
Find a nice member here to sell you some range ammo at reasonable price.
Welcome

Now look around on NES for. $.60 per round ammo. It seems like going price for range ammo. Gunbroker listing for $1 per round and it sells fast. Then add shipping. Crazy.
Welcome
TSU had some steel 9mm on sale the other days for .42 CPS for Prime Members.

Welcome

If he buys it all, I will sell him the ammo I have for sale in the classifieds for $.50 a round ( 1k rounds all brass )..Offer good today only and for him only.

Congrats on your first roscoe. Prolly aging myself a bit here, but I bought my first G19 before some members here were even born (1990). lol
And don’t ever assume the other guy that might hand you a firearm will do the same. My buddy recently got into firearms, he bought a brand new AR and wanted me to mount a scope on it. We go to his kitchen table and he takes the rifle out of the safe and hands it to me saying it’s “Safe” since he took the mag out. Well he places it on the table with his 9 year old son across from it. I pick it up, step away from the table In the opposite direction of everyone and check to make sure it’s actually safe and Ofcourse there was a F’kin round in the chamber. So please DO NOT TRUST ANYONE that tells you a gun is safe without checking it yourself in a safe manner.
Absolutely. Unfortunately i see this far to often with gun owners around my age in their early to mid 20s. I have actually stopped hanging with some of these guys due to negligence and the whole "bro its not loaded bro chill" attitude. Unacceptable. Furthermore if you have that attitude with guns i don't want to be around you anyways because who's to say you won't be negligent and reckless with other things? (Driving, alcohol etc.)

Get some snap caps and practice loading and dry fire. The A-Zoom brand have a rubberized primer that is supposed to be better for the firing pin.

Amazon product ASIN B0002IKANWView: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002IKANW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_3mUNFb2GFHXHV?psc=1

the plastic ones are better for simulating double feed malfunction drills (IMO)

Amazon product ASIN B01KNL9AX8View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KNL9AX8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_DoUNFb85EQMW2

Practice daily, aiming at a light switch or put a 1” square piece of blue painters tape on the wall. Once you buy your carry holster, practice drawing from concealment and getting your sights on target (light switch or tape). Add in magazine changes and reloading with retention.

Find a decent weapon mounted light (WML) and get a compatible holster for that too. You’ll want to see if you like carrying the WML or maybe not. Either way, if you choose to store your gun loaded for home defense, you should have the WML mounted and it stored in a holster in your gun safe.

Buy a decent gun safe that is quick access (search for threads in NES about pistol safes).

Get some training. Find a competent instructor and get some pointers to correct bad habits from forming. Start to train on different weapon platforms so you can pick up any modern-day handgun and run it like a boss.

Buy some 5.11s, sh*t in multicam, assortment of morale patches, cool guy watch, EDC knife and go freakin’ nutz with the tacticool lifestyle. If you’re really committed, grow out your operator beard and get some ink to complete the look (just Google Corey and Erika — she was a smoke show, but Corey or James Yeager is what to aspire for here). Start to watch all the “Gun Guy” YouTube channels — you’ll have a lot of catching up to do, but 3am with your Glock in one hand will quickly become your daily routine. Hate on “Noodle Boy” and crap on others on NES who don’t share your POV and you’ll be well indoctrinated to the culture! LOL

Oh yeah, congrats on the new range toy!

Enjoy! Get ready to purchase many more. If you get into long guns (or not), make sure whatever you think you need for a large safe size that you at least double the size. I wish I had someone tell me that years ago when I bought my first safe since I'm still adding guns.

Back
Top Bottom