My first build, AR-15

I understand the "it's a gun" thing and shooting is load but some brakes are just awful.
If it's providing no recoil management what's the point.
I have a brake of unknown manufacture that's just stupid load and it blasts my hat and gets shit on my lenses. Along with the the folks to the left and right.

I've never had that issue with my brake. With mine you dont notice any difference as a shooter vs a birdcage besides the recoil reduction. Now if you are anywhere besides the shooter its crazy stupid loud and shoots huge flames out the sides. And it really does reduce recoil, you can shoot the gun like a pistol (like 2 hands on the pistol grip arms extended) and get less barrel rise than a full size 9mm. Its some no name brand steel "competition" brake from amazon, in the truth about guns brake test it blew everyone away on performance per dollar. For like $10 bucks on sale how could you go wrong?

I've never had that issue with my brake. With mine you dont notice any difference as a shooter vs a birdcage besides the recoil reduction. Now if you are anywhere besides the shooter its crazy stupid loud and shoots huge flames out the sides. And it really does reduce recoil, you can shoot the gun like a pistol (like 2 hands on the pistol grip arms extended) and get less barrel rise than a full size 9mm. Its some no name brand steel "competition" brake from amazon, in the truth about guns brake test it blew everyone away on performance per dollar. For like $10 bucks on sale how could you go wrong?

Cool....I have had several brakes over the years. Everyone to my left or right doesn't like them.
Especially if your shooting prone and the barrel over hangs into the dirt.blows shit every where.
Last brake I actually bought was a MICULEK COMP simple big oval holes on each side and easy to clean....

I have it almost completed
It is going to be pretty much what I wanted
I ended up with a Geiselle trigger because the RRA 2 stage was back ordered for 6 weeks.

I am not sure if I want to keep that break on it or just go with a cap, probably just cap it.

Last edited:
going t high jack your thread
not my first but the first I assembled with my daughter. kitchen table style, tools from kitchen draw and a special front detent tool my daughter thought of. the allen wrench was for the ambi safety
Anderson lower (sorry andy found enough parts to build it out)
ambi mag and safety to match up with ambi charge handle
hougue grip, RRA 2 stage. think I might replace with a light single stage for bench/prone shooting
inexpensive scope for now until I decide what to buy Message_1456707381999.jpgMessage_1456708470602.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rifles!!!!
I'm on my umpteenth build and will probably be my last until after my wedding in October.
Going to use up one of my 3 already built Anderson lowers with A1 stock. Ordered a bcg, stripped upper and char handle from Bravo Co. last night. Since it's my last for a while, I went out with a bang and ordered the White Oak SPR barrel I've wanted for quite some time. The only downfall is the wait time is 3-5 weeks. No biggie. By then the weather should be even better and I'll enjoy it until I say "I do"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it almost completed
It is going to be pretty much what I wanted
I ended up with a Geiselle trigger because the RRA 2 stage was back ordered for 6 weeks.

here it is, I am not sure if I want to keep that break on it or just go with a cap, probably just cap it.

VERY cool! I might change out my rail to the one you have.

That rail was pretty nice, the Aero "Enhanced Upper" and that rail were a great fit. 8 screws hold it on and it was a pretty nice fit.

I understand that if you have a non enhanced upper, you will need a different barrel nut to attach it to a normal upper. That's why I haven't gone with that rail yet. I want the rail but I am trying decide on using my current upper or switching all together to the enhanced one.

I'm sure the enhanced rail can only go on the enhanced upper, it is they way they are designed.
They give you a choice when ordering the rail so you can order the rail for a non enhanced upper if that is what you want ( but it attaches differently as you said not with 8 screws). Go to their website and you will see.
But I think the seamless way the enhanced 2 go together is the way to go where it attaches with the 8 screws.

The enhanced rail was designed to seamlessly attach to an enhanced upper but also to a standard upper as long as you order the proper barrel nut. It should then use the same 8 fasteners to mount to that nut. It will cost you an extra 20 bucks for the nUT that will mount to the non enhanced upper.

edit=this is what they claim on their web page:

"are you attaching this handguard to a standard threaded upper receiver?
Make sure to select "Yes" under the Bar Barrel Nut option above (shims included). Our handguards use the BAR interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed. Purchased with a handguard, the BAR Barrel Nut is $20 ($40 when sold separately)."

Edit again= Here's what the "BAR" nut looks like:
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-bar-barrel-nut.html

Is it me or are those nuts huge? (that's what she said)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom