• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first ar15 build

I just finished my first AR build today. Ill have the headspace checked then bring it to the range to zero in the sights.
BCM Socom 16' Barrel
Stag Lower
Palmetto Upper
Palmetto LPK
Magpul Sights and grip.
Palmetto BCG with ambi charge handle
IMG_20130729_113921_940.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. The front rail looks pretty cool.

I don't see a rear sight. Did it go on after the picture? And is it me, or is the front sight going to be really tall? Is the front sight meant to go on a lo-pro gas block rather than a rail?

Good luck, they are a lot of fun.

The rear sight came in after I took that picture. I picked up the magpul sights. The front one is specifies that it is not for a gas block rail. the size of the sight in the picture is very misleading, it is fairly small once its extended. Thanks for the feedback on the rail. I figured that some paracord might do me well in a boating accident should I ever be in that situation.

Is thet an Orlite mag? If it is let me know how it works out for you.
the only reason I haven't bought any is because I've heard they can be really hit or miss with feeding and fit.

Anyways nice looking rifle.

Is thet an Orlite mag? If it is let me know how it works out for you.
the only reason I haven't bought any is because I've heard they can be really hit or miss with feeding and fit.

Anyways nice looking rifle.
One of the mags fits like a dream, the other did not. The one that did not felt more like a drop free mag. I little bit of sand paper fixed it right up. They do require a bit more of a snap to get them to lock in the mag well but that may just be the spring or the tension on my magazine release. It is still a new firearm.

The rail is awesome. I plan on switching to the diamond rail at some point in the future. All in all, the rifle is fantastic. I have tried other peoples AR's and i must say that without a doubt, i enjoy shooting my AR more than the others i have fired. I seem to be much more accurate with mine. All in all, i am very happy with it. It was a tough choice going with the palmetto bolt carrier and stripped upper, but i am glad i did. I have read nothing but good reviews on their AR parts.

Back
Top Bottom