My First AR Build!!!

BDL777ER

NES Member
So I just finished building my first AR. Had Marshall from Paper City Firearms apply a silver cerakote and then black on top of that. Rubbed some of the black off so the silver would show through. Finished it off with some nice zombie green. Paper City Firearms did an amazing job!!! I'll have a parts list coming soon. What do you guys think?

Spike's Tactical Hellbreaker billet lower
Mega Arms Keymod complete upper
YHM barrel
YHM Annihlator comp
Fail Zero bolt carrier group
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Diamond head iron sights
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul Moe + Grip

Last edited:
Where did you get your parts, My son and I want to build one but not sure where to get things. By my understanding the only part regulated is the lower unit.

I kind of like the worn look, it reminds me of what I used to do with my WH40K miniatures when I was a kid.

I could do without the zombie green, I would get tired of that quickly.

The gun: Expensive lower. Barrel is too long (need to SBR it). [emoji48]

Whose keymod is that?

Where did you get your parts, My son and I want to build one but not sure where to get things. By my understanding the only part regulated is the lower unit.

Yes the lower is the ONLY part you need a FFL for, you can literally buy every other part online. plenty of places out there joe bob, primary arms, midway, aim surplus and a bazillion others.

The worn look is great. I may have to try that. Zombie green, not so much. But welcome to the AR builder club.

And, +1 for paying for TWO cerakote finishes and then having the stones to sand through one of them.

Really dig the build man. I personally love the green. It's definitely going to be your baby. Something so gratifying about making it just the way you want it.

Yes the lower is the ONLY part you need a FFL for, you can literally buy every other part online. plenty of places out there joe bob, primary arms, midway, aim surplus and a bazillion others.

Thanks, just found out my favorite local gun shops sells the many lower Receivers.

BTW yours looks great

So I just finished building my first AR. Had Marshall from Paper City Firearms apply a silver cerakote and then black on top of that. Rubbed some of the black off so the silver would show through. Finished it off with some nice zombie green. Paper City Firearms did an amazing job!!! I'll have a parts list coming soon. What do you guys think?

Spike's Tactical Hellbreaker billet lower
Mega Arms Keymod complete upper
YHM barrel
YHM Annihlator comp
Fail Zero bolt carrier group
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Diamond head iron sights
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul Moe + Grip

I've been really drawn to the idea of doing burnt bronze and some kind of metal color on the barrel of mine to give it some kind of patina look. Glad to see it can be done with layers of cerakote tastefully.

Nice job! Worn look is excellent. Gibson Custom charges big bucks to properly age guitars, lol. You should have a detailed how-to thread.

I'd do the small stuff in dark pewter or bronze, but the zombie green is cool.

Back
Top Bottom