My first AR build, some questions...

Call me at Remsport I will answer all your questions for you. We also stock the parts you are looking for. You could even stop by and look around. We stock all AR parts and we have our own high end lower parts kit.
Thank you
John
413 579 1994

Read a couple threads on various sights on changing the trigger guard, numerous people have broken off the ears around the trigger guard when trying to change the pins.

Mike

Yep, the best way is to press the pins out - not use the hammer/punch method. You can tap them out carefully, but never without a block with a "receiver hole" directly supporting the ear.

Looking good so far, I like where it's headed.

Good luck with your BCM upper, I ordered one of their stripped receivers, it was in poor shape and they made no efforts to resolve the issue for me.

Call me at Remsport I will answer all your questions for you. We also stock the parts you are looking for. You could even stop by and look around. We stock all AR parts and we have our own high end lower parts kit.
Thank you
John
413 579 1994

John,

I have actually called you, but you never returned my phone call.

Thank you
John
413 579 1994

10 days to reply to an AR building thread, your getting slow.

IB, solid build so far. Stick with the top tier uppers and you'll be GTG. DD is the schnit BTW.

Read a couple threads on various sights on changing the trigger guard, numerous people have broken off the ears around the trigger guard when trying to change the pins.

Mike

I'm ashamed to admit that I did that once. Now I use a pair of channel lock pliers with the jaws wrapped in electrical tape to press that pin in as opposed to hammering it in with a punch. It doesn't take much to break that little ear off with the hammer method.

There's a company that makes a pistol grip with integrated trigger guard that does a decent job of covering that "oops" up. Can't think of the name off the top of my head but it's pretty common. Not Magpul...

I must have gotten confused. I always try to return my calls, sometimes the return calls slip through the cracks.
I am sorry I didn't return your call. Please call me or leave me a message with your phone number and I will get back to you. No disrespect was intended.

I'm ashamed to admit that I did that once. Now I use a pair of channel lock pliers with the jaws wrapped in electrical tape to press that pin in as opposed to hammering it in with a punch. It doesn't take much to break that little ear off with the hammer method.

There's a company that makes a pistol grip with integrated trigger guard that does a decent job of covering that "oops" up. Can't think of the name off the top of my head but it's pretty common. Not Magpul...

actually, one of Magpuls inserts for their MIAD does this.

actually, one of Magpuls inserts for their MIAD does this.

I was thinking about this one: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27380/Product/AR_15_M16_PISTOL_GRIP
p_100004343_1.jpg

Ok so I think I've changed my mind. I may go with a Bravo Company 16" Upper with a DD Hand guard that comes with it. I'll also go with Bravo Company's Bolt and charging handle, from what I hear they are good also correct?

BTW Bravo Company does not pin and weld the muzzle break on, I'm going to have to get that done myself.

As far as the LPK, it'll either be RRA, DD, or possibly Spikes. I'm still undecided on this.

Bravo does offer a pinned muzzle brake but generally only on their 14.5" barrels (total legal lenght with brake=16").

Bravo LINK

Mine had the PWS FSC 556 pinned and welded on.

You can't go wrong with Bravo Company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom