• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first 80 round match at Reading today....

I didn't set the world afire by any means, but had a real good time with everybody out at Reading today. Learned quite a few things (always check your mags for dents and dings prior to setting up on the firing line, for instance).
Can't wait for the next one.
CJC

That's why I started bringing extra mags for my AR and M1A. Never know when you will start giving problems. The group at Reading really are great to shoot with and hopefully I'll be down there early Sept. for their Springfield match.

What's the format of that match gonna be?
If it is an 80 shot NRA Highpower Rifle match, it should be as follows:
  1. 2 sighters and 20 shots for record in 22 minutes, standing, at 200 yards
  2. 2 sighters in two minutes, then 10 shots for record in 60 seconds, standing to sitting or kneeling, repeated twice at 200 yards
  3. 2 sighters in two minutes, then 10 shots for record in 70 seconds, standing to prone, repeated twice at 300 yards
  4. 2 sighters and 20 shots for record in 22 minutes, prone, at 600 yards

I would suggest either picking up a copy of the NRA High Power Rules for a few dollars or downloading the CMP Regulation from their website. It will answer any queastion you have about High Power Shooting.

Back
Top Bottom