My experience with NES members this past week.

I have had my fare share of duds on this site. With that said the people i have met have all been real nice people. I try not to let the asshats effect my overall experience.

Just about every member ive met has been a straight shooter. Only problem i ever had was the first person i ever tried to meet. Cancelled 3 times I think before i gave up buying from him, guess he didnt want my $450.

anyway, every other member has been top notch.

I’ve only met one member for a transaction. It was a straightforward and he showed me around Harvard Sportsmen’s which is a heck of a nice club.

Selling a gun for the first time was a cool experience by itself. I walked away with cash in hand (for re-allocation into the embattled 2020 Gun Budget), feeling like we both got value out of the deal. The other guy got a reliable ccw at a fair price.

I just got played like a chump. Three hours behind the wheel for, "I forgot my PIN." No real problems up until that happened recently, but what a f***ing tool. Another guy "couldn't find" the magazines for a 1911 I was buying, after I showed up to buy it. "I'll mail them to you." That never happened. The commonality between them, "I'm moving out of MA..." Good riddance.

I just got played like a chump. Three hours behind the wheel for, "I forgot my PIN." No real problems up until that happened recently, but what a f***ing tool. Another guy "couldn't find" the magazines for a 1911 I was buying, after I showed up to buy it. "I'll mail them to you." That never happened. The commonality between them, "I'm moving out of MA..." Good riddance.

That sucks... if I were that seller I would have paid for a transfer at a LGS out of my pocket

That sucks. Should’ve taken a 100.00 for your troubles at least. I’m guessing this happened today? I know you (anyone) can call Chelsea and get their pin over the phone, but on a Sunday am, not so likely.

Have always had great FTF deals on here, never an issue. One thing that pisses me off is when people, even green members have done it, is PM you half a dozen times stating how much they want an item, agree to buy it, agree to pay to have it shipped, and then they just ghost you. You can see they’ve been on the site, but you don’t even get a courtesy “sorry I think I’ve changed my mind” or something, they just completely ignore any following PM’s.

We’re all grown ups here, if you change your mind just f***ing say “Hey I changed my mind on this, sorry I wasted your time.“

That sucks. Should’ve taken a 100.00 for your troubles at least. I’m guessing this happened today? I know you (anyone) can call Chelsea and get their pin over the phone, but on a Sunday am, not so likely.

This is why mine is written on the back of an otherwise nondescript business card I keep in my wallet and is saved as a favorite picture on my phone.

The PIN thing is not a dealbreaker if he's the seller. You buy the gun and waltz on home. Filing the EFA-10 is on him, and he's got seven days to do it. I agree that it's flakey, but I'd absolutely just do the deal and get on with my life.

This happened to me once, when the portal went down. No fault to either me or the seller; we just couldn't EFA-10 FTF. No biggie; he just did it a couple days later and sent me a copy.

First time had to leave negative feedback. Should have known...new member with zero feedback. I was the buyer. Looking back at his PM I should have realized after he’s ordering me “not to be late”

That happened to me on one of my transactions with a green member that legitimately forgot his pin. However, it was on a weekday and after he called Chelsea for his pin, the deal was done.

He just went green recently. And no I wasn’t late and waited for nearly an hour at four seasons for him. His loss. It was a mercy buy (attempted) so no big deal.
!?!? He goes out of his way to demand that you not be late and then doesnt show? Sounds like you pissed him off somehow and he set you up. He still active here?

mike head shake.gif

!?!? He goes out of his way to demand that you not be late and then doesnt show? Sounds like you pissed him off somehow and he set you up. He still active here?

View attachment 414055
Hasn’t logged into his account since yesterday morning when he told me he accepted my offer to buy two guns from him and to meet him at four seasons at 1pm

I’ve done a lot of deals over the 10 years I’ve been onNES. Not sure how you piss someone off saying here is my offer for 2 of your guns, let me know...

Hasn’t logged into his account since yesterday morning when he told me he accepted my offer to buy two guns from him and to meet him at four seasons at 1pm

I’ve done a lot of deals over the 10 years I’ve been onNES. Not sure how you piss someone off saying here is my offer for 2 of your guns, let me know...
Lol, I dunno. Takes a lot of balls to tell someone you dont know "dont be late" like theyre your kid or something and then to not even show yourself, lol. Maybe Im just naive to think that no way someone would do that for no reason.

Yeah he posted a ton of stuff in our classifieds lately. Normally I would have let it go but didn’t want others to waste their time.

Lol, I dunno. Takes a lot of balls to tell someone you dont know "dont be late" like theyre your kid or something and then to not even show yourself, lol. Maybe Im just naive to think that no way someone would do that for no reason.

No - you’re not being naive. I feel the same way.

Good idea. But, I just write mine on back of LTC. Why not.

Thanks.

My thinking is that if I ever lose my wallet, which I carry my LTC in, someone will have both my LTC ID# and PIN, which could at least further an online transaction, or a local one with a less than scrupulous dealer.

By virtue of being on the back of my doctor’s business card, if that’s what it it’s on, it could be their or their admin’s direct extension...

Mostly good experiences. A few members that are surprised I asked to see LTC when selling stuff that needs it.

Back
Top Bottom