My experience with NES members this past week.

I've listed items for sale in the past week and just wanted to give a shout out to the 20+ people who has contacted me and the people I've ended up meeting in person. It's refreshing to receive PMs that start with "Hi" and have coherent messages ending with your name. This may sound trivial, but it goes a long way towards feeling comfortable about meeting up with someone you've never met to sell or buy a gun. It's been fun to meet some really nice people who share the same interests in history and old guns.

Now that I can't feel my fingers, I'm off to the range to see how my new VSKA AK works with a variety of different mags. :)

Thanks!
-Mike

Ak.jpg

I agree. All good do far. And i’ve sold all sorts of stuff. Haven't used Craigslist since joining here.

Had one guy reach out that was shady on here but it was pretty obvious.

I’ve met solid people during all my transactions and even a few karmas. I’ve found NES to be pretty reliable with the classifieds.

I’d rather take less money and sell to people here versus other options.

Agreed, for the most part.

Never once had any issues with green members. Others, notsomuch.

Same here. I’ve only bad one person flake out and it was a new poster who had recently joined. Lots of tire kickers who want to bitch about things who recently joined hitting up the WTS section here.

yea. The brand new folks are a little less responsible. Had someone commit to buy something I had. We agreed on a day, time and place. He backed out on me at the last minute.

I’d rather take less money and sell to people here versus other options.

@LuvDog, thank you for the great transaction yesterday. And I'm glad my son got to meet a fellow OSU alum!

I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of good folks here on NES, and at the gun club too.

Just left the club. There were 3 younger guys there ogling my Desert Eagle. So of course I offered them the chance to shoot it. They said they'd only seen it in the movies.

I love seeing the smile on their faces when it goes off and their proclamations. These range from "Holy Shit" to "WOW". it makes this old guy smile broadly.

:)

I've had a few back out at the last minute, no big deal. I had to back out on someone once at the last minute but he was alright, circumstances I couldn't do much about. I think having all positive feedback goes a long way when someone does really have an issue they can't help. Of course, knowing the conversations that happen on NES, a little, um, peculiarities are to be expected.

I've done business with a few people form here(some have been banned or moved on to greener pastures and states) but everyone of them has been decent.

Those that I've met on deals have been great, especially as I sell off the remaining reloading stuff.

Lots of tire-kicking PMs however. I did have a recent cute one . . . I have a 1991 Colt Sporter Comp HBAR that I'm intending to sell and someone picked up on that by asking what it is worth to me. He pointed to an Armslist posting for a Colt Sporter listed for $1400 in MA. Assuming such listing isn't a scam (very likely), I told him to grab that one.

First and only bad NES experience just this week... a newly registered NES member reached out to me to sell me a custom M&P 2.0 from out of state with pictures taken off the internet and using a MA driver’s license from another NES member!

Total fraud/scam job.

Fortunately I was already on to this guy from the beginning and just jerked him along to get his info to report him to Admin and the other NES member who’s identity he was claiming.

All guys I’ve met in person have been descent, but there are trolls and scammers out there (like anyplace else). Mostly it’s been: Item as described, Cash in person, positive feedback left. Have a nice day.

That scammer the other day can EABOD! I hope the other NES member pursues legal action for identity fraud. No more details to be provided, as this could be ongoing and the fraudulent member has already been banned.

Back
Top Bottom