• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My experience in Taunton

Have you received it yet? I completed everything on 12/4 and I'm still waiting. I called last week and the Det. said that he approved it but it hasn't come back yet. How long should I wait to call back?

I applied for my LTC in mass about the same time you did 4 years ago, just before the holidays........not a good time. Between days off, vaction time, and everything else associated with the holidays. I recieved mine after new years. If you are at all worried about your criminal history. Go to your PD and have then run it. Get a copy, I was told they look to see if you dot your I's and cross your T's on your application. Just any and all correct info.

I was told that the MA SP do not really go to far beyound the back ground check, If you do not have any issues or criminal history.

Taunton is very 2A friendly as long as you have no history of problems with the law. I applied in early September and had a similar experience as you. Dropped off my app, and waited all of 3 hours for them to call me to schedule an appointment. When I went in for my appointment, there were 2 other guys also there for their appointments. Other than instructions on what I needed to do to ensure good prints, the only words the detective said to me were "as long as the background check comes out clean, it will be in the mail in a few weeks". Six weeks later I got home from work to find my license with the mail.

Class A: Restrictions: None - no special hoops to jump through.

No, not worried at all. No criminal history and I've never been arrested. I'm just wondering what the holdup might be. I've heard that gun permit applications have gone through the roof since the current administration was elected. I'm just wondering if that may be the issue or something else. I've only lived in MA for 4 years.

Fitchburg seems really decent about their applications. They do require 2 notorized letters of recomendation and the required certs from your courses if needed, which in and of it's self, doesn't seem all that bad[thinking], no letter to the chief or target qualifying. Officer Richards was great, and all around pleasant about the whole ordeal. Unfortunatley, he is retiring at the end of Feb begining of Mar[sad2], so I have no idea who will take over. They are already short staffed from all of the cut backs[hmmm], and I doubt it will speed any of the process up with him leaving soon. He had no problem with the ALP as a reason, didn't even blink an eye at it. I had a blemish on my record, was arrested back in 91 when I was 17. The charge was B&E on a MV[sad2], went to trial ang got dismissed[smile], and have not had a single speeding ticket since then. Officer Richards looked it up, and said it wouldn't be a problem, case was dismissed, they look at it as it did not even happen, I was proven not guilty[grin]. I am hoping what he says to be true[wink]. From what I have heard, if you were going to be denied, I would have already known about it being almost 20 days already, but anything is possible. So I keep my fingers crossed, and wait for his call. I was told they don't mail them and I will need to go to the station to pick them up. Here's to waiting.

Have you received it yet? I completed everything on 12/4 and I'm still waiting. I called last week and the Det. said that he approved it but it hasn't come back yet. How long should I wait to call back?

sorry, i haven't logged on here in a while. my license was issued on 12/4 and i got it in the mail about a week later. all in all it took about a month and was as easy as could be.

i would think the hold up is on the state's end. everyone in taunton was so friendly/helpful that i highly doubt they would intentionally delay your app or license.

Back
Top Bottom