• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My dream safe!

bgoum

NES Member
attachment.php

Not much of a safe. Its just a 20' shipping container. Probably about as thick steel as a stack on cabinet.

Me, I want a bank vault door set into the reinforced walls with a halon fire suppression system and rolling shelves like you see in museum storage areas

Not much of a safe. Its just a 20' shipping container. Probably about as thick steel as a stack on cabinet.

Me, I want a bank vault door set into the reinforced walls with a halon fire suppression system and rolling shelves like you see in museum storage areas

The steel walls on a conex are a lot thicker than a stack on cabinet, lol

The steel walls on a conex are a lot thicker than a stack on cabinet, lol

Not that much. What are they 1/8"? As opposed to an actual safe that is what 1/2"? The sides have almost no strength. It's the frame that transfers the loads not the skin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I believe that its a trade show exhibit. Saw one just like it at Shot. Might have been the same one.

Not that much. What are they 1/8"? As opposed to an actual safe that is what 1/2"?

The metal that makes up many personal safes is nowhere near that. The walls of the safe may be 1/2" or 1" thick, but that isn't all metal - it includes the fire-resistant lining. The steel that makes the walls is often 14Ga to 10Ga, which is about 0.07" to 0.14" thick.

Not that much. What are they 1/8"? As opposed to an actual safe that is what 1/2"? The sides have almost no strength. It's the frame that transfers the loads not the skin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
1/8" is between 10 and 11 gauge. Gun safes are commonly 12 gauge; less commonly 10; 3/16" (between 6 and 7 gauge) or 1/4".

Back
Top Bottom