My Donald Trump 1911 . Limited edition

Not true at all, there's at least one of these trump commemoratives that gets 2-3k on gunbroker now.

There were many different variations of these, some of the more gaudy ones went for as much as $5k.
I get the daily emails from PSA and CDNN and I saw the price drops back in January, but I still didn't buy one. [laugh]

There were many different variations of these, some of the more gaudy ones went for as much as $5k.
I get the daily emails from PSA and CDNN and I saw the price drops back in January, but I still didn't buy one. [laugh]
I was gonna say, PSA has been hawking these and the Thompson gun ones in their email flyers for months.
They're kind of funny, not sure if they'll be worth anything in the future or not. There's "Trump 10/22s" as well.

Reminds me of the Elvis and John Wayne 1911s and stuff that used to be advertised in the NRA magazines each month.

Some are a little over the top.
The most gaudy, awful looking 1911 I saw was the one Jesse James did.
It wasn't a Trump gun, but boy, that guy should stick to bikes.

edit...
Just did a search, looks like Jesse does more. Some don't look too bad. Back when I first saw the one he did, it looked ugly.

I was gonna say, PSA has been hawking these and the Thompson gun ones in their email flyers for months.
They're kind of funny, not sure if they'll be worth anything in the future or not. There's "Trump 10/22s" as well.

Reminds me of the Elvis and John Wayne 1911s and stuff that used to be advertised in the NRA magazines each month.
These aren't poorly made like most commemoratives though. You could shoot the AO trump pistols, clean it, and its not going to get trashed easily.

At retail these guns can be sold in a day or less with any marketing. Of course some of that is also driven by corona BS, but still....

These aren't poorly made like most commemoratives though. You could shoot the AO trump pistols, clean it, and its not going to get trashed easily.

At retail these guns can be sold in a day or less with any marketing. Of course some of that is also driven by corona BS, but still....
I'm not saying they're poorly made, just that they've been around for a while. AO is decent maker, they're not boutique like Korth or something, but they aren't like a Hi-Point or anything.

I'm not saying they're poorly made, just that they've been around for a while. AO is decent maker, they're not boutique like Korth or something, but they aren't like a Hi-Point or anything.
Definitely not fancy pants/boutique builds but the ones that I've examined they're actually pretty well put together even by AO standards...

You mean to tell me that my extensive Franklin Mint collection of limited edition Elvis and John Wayne dinner plates won't fund my retirement ?

The commercials specifically said each plate is hand numbered and limited to 30 firing days and then the mold is destroyed.

I have thousands of dollars invested because I bought more than one of the same plate because it looked extra collectible.

Well, at least I still have all my Beanie Babies in Sterlite containers to fall back on.

I saw some for $1k some for much more. Not sure the version

The problem with guns made specifically as collectibles or commemoratives is they rarely ever increse in value unless they remain in 100% unfired condition.

Example: Back in the mid 80's, a friend of mine bought a Winchester Centennial 66:

1966 was the Winchester Repeating Arms Company's 100th year of operation. To commemorate this occasion, Winchester produced a run of fancy Model 94 rifles. These were based on post 1964 Model 94's actions with a gold plated receiver and forend cap, brass "rifle" (curved) buttplate, saddle ring, and a heavy octagon barrel with a full length magazine that was nicely polished and deeply blued. The straight hand stock was select walnut. All were in caliber .30-30 Winchester.

He did fire about two boxes of ammo through it, but when he sold it about 10 years ago, it wasn't worth any more than he paid for it.

Also, another friend bought a Colt WW1 "2nd Battle of the Marne" commemorative, with the display case just like the one in this pic. My research says it was made sometime between 1967-1971. He bought it at a gun shop in the late 2000's for $550, and it was still unfired. That was less than what a new production Colt 1911 cost at the time. The fit and finish quality is superb. It's no longer unfired, but the round count remains low, I put a few mags worth downrange with it myself and it functioned perfectly.
What I don't understand is why the value hasn't gone up much.
If it were a regular production off-the-shelf Colt of the same vintage and condition, it would have increased in value significantly.

Colt-1911-World-War-I-Deluxe-Commemorative-Battle-of-the-Marne-Engraved-Cal-45-ACP-1-of-75-Man...JPG

Some are a little over the top.
The most gaudy, awful looking 1911 I saw was the one Jesse James did.
It wasn't a Trump gun, but boy, that guy should stick to bikes.

edit...
Just did a search, looks like Jesse does more. Some don't look too bad. Back when I first saw the one he did, it looked ugly.
I saw some of JJ firearms up close at SHOT a few years ago. Not going to lie, the man is an artist with metal. The price point was too much for me on everything. But can you really put a price tag on a gun made from the twin towers?!?!?!? Lol.

I love the look of his Nomad rifles with the wood stocks. I think he was asking 8k At the time. But anyways, I agree. Bike were fantastic to look at up close.

The problem with guns made specifically as collectibles or commemoratives is they rarely ever increse in value unless they remain in 100% unfired condition.

Example: Back in the mid 80's, a friend of mine bought a Winchester Centennial 66:

He did fire about two boxes of ammo through it, but when he sold it about 10 years ago, it wasn't worth any more than he paid for it.

Also, another friend bought a Colt WW1 "2nd Battle of the Marne" commemorative, with the display case just like the one in this pic. My research says it was made sometime between 1967-1971. He bought it at a gun shop in the late 2000's for $550, and it was still unfired. That was less than what a new production Colt 1911 cost at the time. The fit and finish quality is superb. It's no longer unfired, but the round count remains low, I put a few mags worth downrange with it myself and it functioned perfectly.
What I don't understand is why the value hasn't gone up much.
If it were a regular production off-the-shelf Colt of the same vintage and condition, it would have increased in value significantly.

View attachment 455874

Supply and demand. I don't think a lot of people want these kinds of things at all. And those that do, want them unfired.

You're applying a pricing model of this thing as a gun, but it's not a gun. It's a collectable that just happens to be a gun.

I’d definitely be a buyer at 1000-1200!!! I would shoot the shit out of it and then hang it on the wall, in my great room, next to my M16 clone with the ‘lock her up’ and ‘MAGAzine’!!

Trump isn't an exception to my "no pictures of anyone's face on my guns" rule.

Anyway, when you shoot it or rack the slide you decapitate him.

Back
Top Bottom