My doctor diagnosed me with GAS

I saw my doctor this week and she diagnosed me with GAS. What is GAS you ask? Well, it is Gun Acquisition Syndrome. The treatment she assigned was to purchase an S&W M&P Shield 2.0 in .45ACP from NES' own Lonely Mountain Firearms (Dwarven1).

Since it needs to be shipped to my local FFL I don't have it in my hot little paws.

Thank you Brother Ross!

All this corona and ammo shortages got me gassing about a ruger 10/22 and 22lr. Then october 22nd recently passed (10/22), then shooting soda cans with my buddys p22 all day today.

Only so much I can take!

Seems to be highly contagious among a certain demographic and is running rampant at gun clubs and gun ranges. I'm only a little over 2 years in to having my LTC and I think I have a full blown case of GAS.

Your GAS seems to me maintainable still with frequent acquisitions. Mine is a day to day fight and may be terminal. Stay strong brother

On Thursday I went to fill out the 4470 for my new Shield and the store told me the NICS checks are taking days. What is the average amount of time it takes for these checks to take place?

I was diagnosed with GOUT...

Gun Owner; Undergoing Therapy.

"9mm or .40?"... "AR or AK?"... "Round-notch or Square-notch?"... "handloads or factory?"... "Pre-Healey or Pre-Ban or Pre-Pre-Ban?"... maybe "Post-Ban?"...

1604120071900.png

Last edited:
On Thursday I went to fill out the 4470 for my new Shield and the store told me the NICS checks are taking days. What is the average amount of time it takes for these checks to take place?
I've never had one take more than 3 hours, and that was just once, most under an hour. But I've heard local shops telling customers it's running 24 hours. Taking "days" puts them close to a default proceed. If that becomes the norm you can expect legislation to change that default.

From what I have heard, being overwhelmed, NICS personnel are changing the statuses right to delayed to offload some of the work.

Back
Top Bottom