My Daughter Said This To Me Tonight...

..."Obama is going to take all our guns away, people are going to lose their jobs and it will be bad for the economy"

I have no idea where that came from. It was not me, I assume it was her school friends.

As much as I appreciated her insight, I had to disabuse her of that notion. She (11) and my son (9) were then promptly indoctrinated into the concept of the rifleman/minuteman philosophy and the importance of the rifle in stemming the abuses of government.

I don't expect them to fight that good fight, that is what us old and tired f*&ks are for, but I do expect them to respect the Constitution.

I try really hard not to be political with my kids. I am, however, glad that common sense is beyond politics and identifiable to an 11 year old.

Not clearing the browser history?

It is good to hear about the kids that "get it" and don't follow blindly. Good parenting.

I'm probably younger than most here. Trust me, the younger generations are very pro gun. The old tired hippies are the ones pushing gun control. The younger ones want AR's.

^This. It's very true I'm 28 and all my younger relatives first gun question is "do you have a m4" kids are very familiar because of video games and they want the real deal too.

I'm probably younger than most here. Trust me, the younger generations are very pro gun. The old tired hippies are the ones pushing gun control. The younger ones want AR's.

not all of them. i had a buddy whose wife was very anti-gun. big surprise that she's a teacher, but i don't think she's even thirty yet.

My Own brother asks me like some bleeding heart liberal why I have to bring my gun any where I go everytime he hears me rack it before it goes in my holster. Oddly enough he use to whine about me bring my gun to the movies and would say "What do you need that for?". However since Colorado he has dumbe it down a little. I still want to slap him with my right hand to get the left out of him!

My girls bring home liberal BS from school daily - and I need to "un-brainwash" them ... it takes a good scrubbing...

Not clearing the browser history?

We have 5 computers in the house. My laptop is the only one I use and completely off limits to the children. It is the one I use to make my salary. They treat it like the holy grail and only touch it if i specifically instruct them to. They do not know the passwords and have no use for it.

Admittedly, we live in very rural community. Obamy just barely took the last election in our district, which says a lot for any New England town these days. My prejudices are my own. I have let my children figure it our for themselves. But I am pleased to see that despite my general public ambivalence to this point, they have put it all together. There is some small hope.

Back
Top Bottom