• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

The Dan is back!! Picked it up today and got it cleaned up for a trip to the range.

WOW! The high quality machining and the tight cylinder lockup is very noticeable compared to the old one. Trigger is awesome too thanks to Bob reusing the old hammer and trigger that he polished previously.

Went through 100 rounds and I can say it’s just as accurate as the old one. Back to ringing my 8" steel plate at 120 yards.

All in all I am extremely pleased with this so far. And a big shout out to the dealer who transferred this to me (no I am not going to disclose that publicly or in a PM) as I was in between a rock and a hard place getting it into the state. He also straightened out DW through multiple emails which was great.

Why did a dealer have to transfer this BACK to you?

The Dan is back!! Picked it up today and got it cleaned up for a trip to the range.

WOW! The high quality machining and the tight cylinder lockup is very noticeable compared to the old one. Trigger is awesome too thanks to Bob reusing the old hammer and trigger that he polished previously.

Went through 100 rounds and I can say it’s just as accurate as the old one. Back to ringing my 8" steel plate at 120 yards.

All in all I am extremely pleased with this so far. And a big shout out to the dealer who transferred this to me (no I am not going to disclose that publicly or in a PM) as I was in between a rock and a hard place getting it into the state. He also straightened out DW through multiple emails which was great.

View attachment 436810View attachment 436811View attachment 436812View attachment 436813View attachment 436814View attachment 436815View attachment 436816

that thing is dead sexy

Why did a dealer have to transfer this BACK to you?
Yeaaaa that was kinda lame but I guess since it was a brand new gun with new SN they decided against that? Though I had CZ send me a whole new gun (new SN etc) right to my door a few years ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not going to complain. I’m only out $50 for the transfer fee.

You should have started a new thread. Every time I see this pop up I'm thinking it blew up again.

No, his Dan Wesson .357 is back, and the pictures of it are beautiful.

Go see his other thread about the disaster with his CZ whatever the fck it is, (I don't know CZ's other than the Drake 20GA I have).

No, his Dan Wesson .357 is back, and the pictures of it are beautiful.

Go see his other thread about the disaster with his CZ whatever the fck it is, (I don't know CZ's other than the Drake 20GA I have).
Drawing a blank as to which thread you’re referring to.

I love destroying/breaking shit. It’s only a matter of time....

I'll never forget when I was inattentive once at MFS with some revolver that I was sighting in. I blew up the top of one of these.

vanguard.jpg

It was filled with little pieces of ABS plastic that went everywhere. I still have the tripod, but now it has a piece dense foam on it instead of the little bag.

I'll never forget when I was inattentive once at MFS with some revolver that I was sighting in. I blew up top of one of these.

View attachment 437300

It was filled with little pieces of ABS plastic that went everywhere. I still have the tripod, but now it has a piece dense foam on it instead of the little bag.
🤣 that’s awesome

😂 when I’m shooting it the muzzle is further forward so it doesn’t destroy the bag. Though sometimes I forget and have damaged it. You haven’t seen the other side of the bag covered in Gorilla tape 🤣
I'm not that much of an operating operator,
and I suspected that was the answer,
but I've seen Hickok45 on a roll and got triggered...

I am waiting for Andrew1220 to blow up a Chrono.... ;) I want pics
As with most of my stuff, give me time...

I already hit my chrono with one round of 9mm and one round of 357 mag a few years ago. Still going strong with a little duct tape. The front label for the buttons no longer stays in place. I just keep everything together in a bag[rofl]
B8677F69-D446-4A02-8F3B-9F40F216DF86.jpeg 1919DB65-732F-41DF-B122-BCB37260DB3F.jpeg

Damn I really have broken a lot of shit huh??🤣

Back
Top Bottom