• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

I've been following this Andrew and I think the DW/CZ is stepping up to the plate for you and I think that's awesome.

I need to call them for my own Monson .357 as the prior owner lost the barrel nuts.
It really is awesome. I'll continue to be a DW fan and customer now that they're making it right.

I'd recommend buying an EWK barrel nut as they're cheaper and you'll get it quicker than you would from CZ/DW. EWK makes their own DW barrels and barrel assemblies, muzzle brakes, sights etc. This guy is a master machinist.

Do you need blued:

Or stainless?

His barrel wrenches are by far the BEST for DW revolvers. Super beefy and well made:

Yeah I was wondering if I should get mad in my email but I'm probably better off staying neutral as you said.

My attitude in life is stay calm until it's time to get angry. Life's too short, in reality, it's 'just a gun', you didn't get hurt.
If they cut ties, well, they cut ties, it's no longer on you.

It really is awesome. I'll continue to be a DW fan and customer now that they're making it right.

I'd recommend buying an EWK barrel nut as they're cheaper and you'll get it quicker than you would from CZ/DW. EWK makes their own DW barrels and barrel assemblies, muzzle brakes, sights etc. This guy is a master machinist.

Do you need blued:

Or stainless?

His barrel wrenches are by far the BEST for DW revolvers. Super beefy and well made:
Thanks for the lead!!!

Good idea lol. I'm thinking they'll say no since they probably have a numbering scheme that they don't want to mess with but we'll see.

Some makers will honor request for a custom S/N, it can't hurt to ask.

Boudrie has several in his collection and I have a Caspian 1911 with a S/N of 45ACP.
That one was a real head scratcher for the dealer who transferred the frame to me. He took it out of the box and was looking it over. I had to convince him that 45ACP WAS the S/N. He kept insisting it was the caliber marking. Yes, I DID build it in 45 which was the whole point, however at that time it was a bare frame and COULD have been made in any suitable caliber. [grin]

That looked like damage from a squib round (a round stuck part way through the barrel), but if from just a reload - even a slightly hotter reload - that should not have happened. Glad they are making it right.

It is great they are replacing it.

It is not so great they know their barrels are sh*t and keep using them. This could have messed you up, it is not a joke.

I will not give them money any time soon and I am surprised you mentioned you will continue to support them.

Their product is clearly sh*t.
Management are scumbags.

But I am still happy you are getting a new gun.

It is great they are replacing it.

It is not so great they know their barrels are sh*t and keep using them. This could have messed you up, it is not a joke.

I will not give them money any time soon and I am surprised you mentioned you will continue to support them.

Their product is clearly sh*t.
Management are scumbags.

But I am still happy you are getting a new gun.
Yeah I know I shouldn't get too excited as the new barrel might be shit too. Maybe they'll add some extra QA/QC steps to ensure they're better made now? Idk.

I asked Bob this and will be interesting to hear what he says.

I think it is unlikely that you, or anyone else who has read this thread, will ever again have a tolerant attitude about a barrel that shows improper wear or erosion after only a few hundred rounds. So I think that if there are any issues with the new gun, your quick response to early warnings will most likely avoid any serious consequences.

I also think they will go the extra mile to insure that the good will they will earn for resolving your issue promptly will not be undone later.

So my personal attitude would be trust but verify. I would keep a close eye out for any early warning signs or symptoms, but I would have a general expectation that things will be fine. Or even better than fine, since it will be a hand built and inspected gun.

I think it is unlikely that you, or anyone else who has read this thread, will ever again have a tolerant attitude about a barrel that shows improper wear or erosion after only a few hundred rounds. So I think that if there are any issues with the new gun, your quick response to early warnings will most likely avoid any serious consequences.

I also think they will go the extra mile to insure that the good will they will earn for resolving your issue promptly will not be undone later.

So my personal attitude would be trust but verify. I would keep a close eye out for any early warning signs or symptoms, but I would have a general expectation that things will be fine. Or even better than fine, since it will be a hand built and inspected gun.
Well said! Ya I'm hoping they'll go the extra mile and ensure all parts/barrels are inspected and tested with higher scrutiny than before. They could also throw in an extra 8" barrel tube just in case the other one starts to erode/fail again?

I'll definitely be watching it closely for erosion issues.

WHOA!
0D8E0233-6E00-4495-A03C-E79CF07DEE7F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom