My dads Marlin and 1776 Gunsmithing

GPP

My dad gave me his Marlin Model 80 .22 rifle when I was 16, he had bought it brand new in 1961. He died at 52 years old 2 years later. We shot countless rounds through it together, and it was the best shooting experience of my life. If my entire collection got stolen today, I wouldnt give a shit as long as the Marlin was still here. I taught my son to shoot on it when he was 10.
He has fired everything I own, ARs, AKs, a shit ton of pistols etc. To this day the Marlin is still his favorite. He gets out of the Marines in a little over a year, and I wanted to give him the Marlin as his EAS present. I felt it needed some updating, and asked 1776 Gunsmithing to do some work, but not to touch the stock, I wanted every little scratch, nick, dent, chip in the original walnut to remain. I picked it up today, and I couldnt be happier. They ****ing rock. Marlin.jpgThe picture does no justice to the work they did.

Very cool.

I had 1776 do your standard pin+weld+transfer for me a couple of weeks back and it was a good experience beginning to end. They actually respond to emails, and when you go in they seem happy to come out and shoot the shit. They also seem to know their stuff pretty well, which is a welcome change from some of their competition.

I agree. They are awesome. I had some work done here and there, and their work is amazing. They are great guys too. They will sit and shoot the $hit with you all day long about guns!

It's worth a stop in to their place just once...you never know what you will find! They have had pre-ban AR mags every time I go there :)

Small shop, but BIG potential...

Back
Top Bottom