• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My CrossBreed arrived today!!

And all I can say is WOW! I couldn't see how it would be possible to find a more comfortable holster than the Remora but this is SHA-WEET! I like the complete adjustability of the Remora and the "ease of dressing" but the SuperTuck is flat out secure, MUCH easier to re-holster the gun and it seems to give some lateral support.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Anyone try the CB mag holders? Are they as much of a good thing for mags as the CB holsters are for the handgun? I'm sorely tempted...

Ain't she just gorgeous? [grin]

2012-01-25211549.jpg

Anyone try the CB mag holders? Are they as much of a good thing for mags as the CB holsters are for the handgun? I'm sorely tempted...

Other mag holders work great, just like the holster. [smile]. I would suggest ordering a spare mag holster with any cross breed. If you dont like them, you can sell them with minimal loss due to wait times.

Has anyone come up with any type of "backing" solution to the Crossbread Supertuck? I'd like an alternative to the bare, rough side of the leather. I was thinking along the lines of T-shirt material sewn to the right shape, with an elastic in the hem. Similar to a bonnet on a polishing pad, or on those "reach & clean" window glass tools, if you know what I mean. Would it stay in-place? maybe velcro?

Has anyone come up with any type of "backing" solution to the Crossbread Supertuck? I'd like an alternative to the bare, rough side of the leather. I was thinking along the lines of T-shirt material sewn to the right shape, with an elastic in the hem. Similar to a bonnet on a polishing pad, or on those "reach & clean" window glass tools, if you know what I mean. Would it stay in-place? maybe velcro?

I found that wearing a regular t-shirt tucked in, then the holster outside of that, then of course a sweatshirt, or other pullover for concealment accomplishes what you are asking, and is super comfortable. Of course that doesn't help much in the summer.

OP, I have the same exact one you have in black, but to fit my SR9c. It is definitely very secure, comfortable, etc., but I still find myself using the Remora most often because it is so quick, and easy to just tuck in and go. The Crossbreed is bulkier, and takes more time to get clipped in place, and adjusted to where it needs to be. The only downside to the Remora is like you mentioned - re-holstering it is not as easy. The reality is that we don't live in the old west, so if you ever had to draw, you most likely won't care that it isn't just a quick drop back into the holster like a wild west shootout.[wink]

Nice! I can't wait for mine to come in from the group buy. Been dying to get out there and CC with my SR9c just to get used to it but haven't had a good holster for it yet.

I've got a Supertuck (originally a full cut, like in the pic above) for my G26. I used it recently in a NRA course where we did probably 100+ draw and fire drills. Between the talon grip on the Glock and the full backing on the holster, I nearly wore the skin off my thumb by the end of the class. So I did my own "combat cut" on the holster and bought a couple packs of beater t-shirts that I wear tucked in with a regular shirt over it. Works great. The Supertuck is my favorite holster again.

I don't have a Remora but it sounds like a good thing to put on my xmas list for next year [grin]

OP, I have the same exact one you have in black, but to fit my SR9c. It is definitely very secure, comfortable, etc., but I still find myself using the Remora most often because it is so quick, and easy to just tuck in and go.

I probably will be just like you as I love my Remora too. Once the CrossBreed is in place, I find it to be more comfortable but I love the ease of getting dressed with the Remora.

OP, I have the same exact one you have in black, but to fit my SR9c. It is definitely very secure, comfortable, etc., but I still find myself using the Remora most often because it is so quick, and easy to just tuck in and go.

Ha, I just got the Remora for my SR9c... hoping to order a CB holster & belt soon. I bought the Remora for "Tuck & Go" and the CB for it's tuckability factor... That sounds weirder than I meant it to, but I think y'all know what I mean.

- HP

Ha, I just got the Remora for my SR9c... hoping to order a CB holster & belt soon. I bought the Remora for "Tuck & Go" and the CB for it's tuckability factor... That sounds weirder than I meant it to, but I think y'all know what I mean.

- HP

I do know what you mean, however, I have never been very successful with tucking in a shirt with the CB holster. It seems to print more than I am comfortable with when using it that way, where it disappears completely with a pullover shirt (untucked).

I do know what you mean, however, I have never been very successful with tucking in a shirt with the CB holster. It seems to print more than I am comfortable with when using it that way, where it disappears completely with a pullover shirt (untucked).

Hmm... My main reason (well, other than comfort) of getting the CB was making it completely hidden (i.e. v clips + tucked shirt). I do realize I'll need to change up my clothes, since I tend to wear things fitted. I'm new to the whole carry thing though, so... *shrug*

- HP

I probably will be just like you as I love my Remora too. Once the CrossBreed is in place, I find it to be more comfortable but I love the ease of getting dressed with the Remora.

It is a bit more comfortable overall, but I really like the ease of being able to shift position freely with the Remora, or even put in crossdraw, in the back, or anywhere else with ease, so they both have their advantages. I will never sell the CB, even though I use the Remora more, because it is nice to have options.

I've got a Supertuck (originally a full cut, like in the pic above) for my G26. I used it recently in a NRA course where we did probably 100+ draw and fire drills. Between the talon grip on the Glock and the full backing on the holster, I nearly wore the skin off my thumb by the end of the class. So I did my own "combat cut" on the holster and bought a couple packs of beater t-shirts that I wear tucked in with a regular shirt over it. Works great. The Supertuck is my favorite holster again.

I don't have a Remora but it sounds like a good thing to put on my xmas list for next year [grin]

The Remora is fantastic for it's ease of use, and adaptability, but you could never do a class like you described with one. It is possible to re-holster, but it is definitely not as easy as kydex. The nice thing also is that it is very inexpensive compared to the CB. It's only $25.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom