• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My C&R came today!

I finally got my C&R in the mail today! It wasnt too bad, maybe a 2- 2 1/2 month project from start to finish. My question is I just recieved an envelope with the C&R FFL, will I get a packet that outlines my obligations, what is/nt legal, and what items are C&R eligible or do I have to request that seperately from the BATF?

The BATFE should have automatically sent you the big package full of books and pamphlets. I got my C&R before I got that stuff, so I just called them. The next day I got the big package in the mail. The week after that, I got another one! [laugh]

Am thinking about getting my C&R..... Sounds like an awesome opportunity!

Did you guys request the form online or call them?

There is a sticky thread I started years ago on why everyone should get a C&R FFL. It has info on process, etc. Good place to read/research the requirements and obligations.

Congrats Gregg, welcome to the poorhouse.

You will need a Bound Book, available for ~$3 from Brownells or there are some downloadable versions you can printout to use. Might be in the above-referenced thread, but I'm not certain.

Brownells and Midway will take a copy of your C&R FFL and give you the same discount as selling dealers (and LEOs in the case of Brownells . . . but no double-dipping, I asked [laugh] ). Some other places also give discounts on their goods. Neither of the above will ship some stuff to MA as the AG "objects" and they don't want the hassles.

I got my license a few weeks ago, followed by the packet from their distribution center the next week.

I finally got my C&R in the mail today! It wasnt too bad, maybe a 2- 2 1/2 month project from start to finish. My question is I just recieved an envelope with the C&R FFL, will I get a packet that outlines my obligations, what is/nt legal, and what items are C&R eligible or do I have to request that seperately from the BATF?

Don't sign the original. When you send a copy out to get something sign that (in blue ink).

Thanks for everyones reply. I will give it a week to see if other info comes in. If anyone is willing to PM me with some web site information I would appreciate it.

I did not recieve my packet in the 10 days the notice said when I recieved my C&R. I waited and waited, finally called the distributation center told them what was going on, recieved the packet 5 days later.

Back
Top Bottom