• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My buddy Dave

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
@CoastieRon if his Wife lives in MA, PM me for an attorney who might be able to help her. This attorney specializes in dealing with people who have diminished capacity. I hired him many years ago to deal with MA DMR issues with my Sister.
No. Shit just got weird tonight, and I am in contact with Dave and his step dad.

Shit is f***ed.

Bad.

All I care about is Dave's well-being, and now I am getting the other side, and Holy shit. I'm driving out to see him.

I feel as though I might have been manipulated, and I have a few shipmates helping me with this now.

Last edited:

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
All right. Here we go:

Dave's parents have medical custody/caretaker status, and I agree with their reasonings. Dave has medical needs that can't and will not be met if he stays in his house, in the environment he was in. Without getting into too many details, I don't believe that his wife is the best person to care for him, and I believe she needs help as well. Me and my buddy Andy (retired CWO4) have been verifying to each other our conversations, because I want to be sure that I am understanding what is going in.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First time seeing this. It seems like it has been a long trip already, but prayers and best wishes sent. 🙏 Best we can do is care for those that have loved us the most. You are truly a good friend and showing you are worthy of the friendship he has given you.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Spoke to Dave tonight. He has been finally re-admitted into a neurological rehab. He thinks he's at a CG school.

He doesn't remember that he was the OIC of station Portsmouth. I don't think he remembers his knockdown at Merrimack River or that he IS a surfman.

He doesn't remember he is retired.

Of course, this conversation happened just now, and I'm sure he wasn't fresh.

Keep the good vibes going. I'm trying to do the best I can getting him and his family the support they need at this point, without wedging myself into their drama.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
God bless you for looking out for him, Ron. That’s the Coast Guard that I miss - when we all had each other’s backs come hell or high water. I think those days are dwindling, even in the Surfman community.

ldi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Spoke to Dave tonight. He has been finally re-admitted into a neurological rehab. He thinks he's at a CG school.

He doesn't remember that he was the OIC of station Portsmouth. I don't think he remembers his knockdown at Merrimack River or that he IS a surfman.

He doesn't remember he is retired.

Of course, this conversation happened just now, and I'm sure he wasn't fresh.

Keep the good vibes going. I'm trying to do the best I can getting him and his family the support they need at this point, without wedging myself into their drama.
Your friend didn’t want to burden you with shite he was going through - it seems.
Remember that and do what‘s right.
Be strong for your friend and be ready to be on the receiving end of grief - at least to start with.
Time will sort things out.
Be ready.
All the best wishes - all the time.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I haven't updated this lately, but here are some items of note:

1. Dave is safe, and being cared for by his step dad and mother.
  2. Dave was granted the ability to leave the state with his parents, and has gone to Texas.
  3. Dave's wife was denied custodianship for a litany of reasons
  4. Dave's wife is very adept at manipulating social media for "pity farming"
I've been really trying to stay out of it after realizing that Dave's folks have his best interests at heart. There has been a ton of legal wrangling, financial shenanigan's, he said she said, f***ed police reports, a missing truck, a hidden wallet, a drained bank account, and so on. After telling his wife I wanted no part of the family drama a month ago, I haven't heard from her except for seeing her pity farming on FB. Dave is adamant about not going back home to her, and she is not getting the picture. She has drained his accounts, stopped paying his child support, stopped paying the mortgage, etc., but is claiming to be a victim here.

Anyway, Dave is safe and is getting the care he needs.

Top Bottom