My buddy Dave

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This is my buddy Dave.

FB_IMG_1610304057034.jpg

He's the skinny one. He was the MC at my retirement. He was also my roommate and is my dear friend. I love him like a brother. If there is any person I could say was my best friend in a 21 year career, it's this dude.

He fell in his basement recently and cracked his f***ing head. That was 10 days ago.

Yesterday shit went sideways. Looks like he had a stroke, he's on a ventilator now.

Guys, throw some good vibes, some prayers, some magic, whatever his way.

Wake up man. The wind ain't blowing, and everything is good.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Dave was the only guy I knew in the coast Guard that wrecked a 41 and still was able to be an officer in charge of a small boat unit. he retired from the coast Guard as the officer in charge of station Portsmouth.....

Shevchenko

NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm so sorry this happened to your friend. In July I was working overnight from home (as you do these days), I went to use the restroom ,walking back to my desk I felt light headed and dizzy suddenly, blackness. I fell, I felt my head nail the kitchen counter and slammed down to the ground, a few minutes later I "come to" and notice my ear is basically dangling off, and I can't get up, no matter how hard I tried my arms and legs would NOT do what I wanted them to, fast forward 8, 9, 10 hours later, my mom happened to come by my apartment and found me. My only guess at this time is I broke my neck or spine. I get rushed to the hospital, turns our I had a "Right ischemic stroke". It was caused by a tiny clot passing thru a tiny hole in my heart called a "PFO". I tell you this whole long nightmarish story because there's a huge silver lining. I made a "borderline miraculous" and quick recovery. I have 0 residual damage/deficits other than a scar where they sewed the cartilage back into my ear. It's been six months, I stopped eating like a dickhead, stopped drinking, I'm down 100 pounds and never felt better in my life.

Basically I just want to tell you that there is hope, there's always hope. Recovery isn't impossible, and I'll certainly be praying your friend has a similar recovery!

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm so sorry this happened to your friend. In July I was working overnight from home (as you do these days), I went to use the restroom ,walking back to my desk I felt light headed and dizzy suddenly, blackness. I fell, I felt my head nail the kitchen counter and slammed down to the ground, a few minutes later I "come to" and notice my ear is basically dangling off, and I can't get up, no matter how hard I tried my arms and legs would NOT do what I wanted them to, fast forward 8, 9, 10 hours later, my mom happened to come by my apartment and found me. My only guess at this time is I broke my neck or spine. I get rushed to the hospital, turns our I had a "Right ischemic stroke". It was caused by a tiny clot passing thru a tiny hole in my heart called a "PFO". I tell you this whole long nightmarish story because there's a huge silver lining. I made a "borderline miraculous" and quick recovery. I have 0 residual damage/deficits other than a scar where they sewed the cartilage back into my ear. It's been six months, I stopped eating like a dickhead, stopped drinking, I'm down 100 pounds and never felt better in my life.

Basically I just want to tell you that there is hope, there's always hope. Recovery isn't impossible, and I'll certainly be praying your friend has a similar recovery!
JFC! Glad you’re ok.

Top Bottom