• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My birthday Randall...

Picton

NES Member
...so I posted this over in the New Acquisitions thread on the big board, but here’s some extra detail for you knifers out there.

I’ve got a thing for Randalls: currently I think I own four, with three more on order. This one arrived today: it’s a used Buxton Fighter, a model 14 variant designed as the dealer special for Wayne Buxton near Garland, Texas in 1994. As near as I can tell, this one dates from 2002-5.

I’ve been looking for one of these at a decent price for quite awhile, and I’m stoked. I like the skull crusher pommel, which had been an earlier feature on the 1954 model 14 and is now included on ONLY this model.

This thing is beefy: 1/4 inch stock, full tang (and then some); it’s by far my heaviest Randall. I feel like I could take someone’s head off with this bad boy.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

1338157C-4455-4AAC-A7EB-584B161CDB6D.jpeg

Sexy as Hell! Sheath just as sexy too. Stitching better than a Coach handbag...
~Matt

There's gotta be a joke in there about man cards and knowing about the stitching quality in Coach bags...
-chris

Lol. If you've ever bought what you thought was a legit Coach bag for a woman, only to be educated on the stitching, you'll have walked a mile in my shoes.

Wow.........I'm not a knifer but that thing is gorgeous and I must admit you certainly have champagne taste in knife department. I just googled Buxton knives and they don't go for cheap that's for sure!

Yeah, guys with significant others tend to know about purse stitching. Goes with the territory.

Thanks, all! These aren’t awful if you find them used, but I waited a long time to find one under $500. I’m really excited. Definitely one of the higher-end Randalls, but this depletes the ol’ petty-cash stash for a few months at least.

I did need to remove about five linear feet of 550 cord between the sheath and the thong hole. I don’t need a lot of lanyard crap on my knives, though the Randall folks don’t spare it on these Model C sheaths.

This is over in NES Yard Sale for sale by member rdb78. Looks nice.
WTS - Early Randall Knife

randall-8-4-003-jpg.227618

Saw that. That’s a really nice older one. I’m a user, not a collector, and I’m broke now anyway, but that one deserves to move.

Back
Top Bottom