My bill made the news.

I didn't say that the units should not travel for training. I said that the federal government should not be able to order them for training outside of their state.

Obviously guard units need to leave the state. And you'd think that the one/two star in charge of a states guard could organize that without the federal government having its way with everyone.

I didn't say that the units should not travel for training. I said that the federal government should not be able to order them for training outside of their state.

Obviously guard units need to leave the state. And you'd think that the one/two star in charge of a states guard could organize that without the federal government having its way with everyone.

Several NH ARNG units have their headquarters in different states. In a deal between states, is that not a federal issue.

The NH TAG doesn't have a whole lot of pull to organize anything outside the state. That is what is required in order for NH ARNG folks to get training.

Several NH ARNG units have their headquarters in different states. In a deal between states, is that not a federal issue.

The NH TAG doesn't have a whole lot of pull to organize anything outside the state. That is what is required in order for NH ARNG folks to get training.

Regardless, you're missing the point.

I also never said the federal government can't facilitate training. Clearly they should and if they didn't soldiers of the guard units would never even go through basic. the federal government is obviously needed to provide resources so states can have reasonably trained and equipped national guard units.

I said that the federal government should not be able to order guard units around if the governor has a problem with it. And if the federal government doesn't like that they can go to SCOTUS where they will be handed the most draconian anti freedom ruling humanly possible that will without a doubt favor the federal government.

I said that the federal government should not be able to order guard units around if the governor has a problem with it. And if the federal government doesn't like that they can go to SCOTUS where they will be handed the most draconian anti freedom ruling humanly possible that will without a doubt favor the federal government.

Which is stupid and makes the national guard worthless to the US.

There is ZERO point in having combat formations in a state or the state to receive federal funding for those units if that were the case.

There are provisions for the state to develop their own militia. Other states do so, TX and AK for example.

Once again this bill shows the OP has little familiarity with the makeup of the NHARNG, the training that those units need, where they fit in relation with other state's ARNG units, and is just grandstanding after the inauguration BS.

How about we just stop if feeding our youth to shitty wars in the name of spreading freedom to people who don't want it.
Yeah well, not gonna happen.

Also--quite a few of those "youth" enjoy going out and living the good life tax free.

How about we just stop if feeding our youth to shitty wars in the name of spreading freedom to people who don't want it.

Plenty of people support the wars. Why? Who the hell knows. People just like to have their boot on other peoples necks.

When COVID-21 dies down I'm sure there will be a new war in some backwater for reasons. COVID has completely replaced terrorism over seas doom and gloom, and when COVID is not making the media money it will shift back to the bad boys. And if they can't find any they will go back to f***ing around with Iran and North Korea who are on the permanent time out list.

Simpletons are simple.

Plenty of people support the wars. Why? Who the hell knows. People just like to have their boot on other peoples necks.

When COVID-21 dies down I'm sure there will be a new war in some backwater for reasons. COVID has completely replaced terrorism over seas doom and gloom, and when COVID is not making the media money it will shift back to the bad boys. And if they can't find any they will go back to f***ing around with Iran and North Korea who are on the permanent time out list.

Simpletons are simple.
When you don't have skin in the game it's like a sports game - "my" team is better than that other guy's.
Never understood how people got so invested in a sports team but the same is happening with our military - as long as it doesn't hit home for them individually, they eat up the opportunity to thump chests and virtue signal their support.

I did over 20 years with the Air Guard. I was on every deployment as well as a ton of yearly training deployments.

We’d fight for those spots to go on deployments. Some parts sucked, but no one that has enlisted this century can be surprised about deploying.

Since I’m not in anymore, I’m no longer a hawk, as it isn’t my ass on the line anymore. When I was in, I didn’t care the reason I was deploying, I just wanted to go.

Are you sure this is what the troops want?

Simpletons are simple.
Biden is already ramping up the brown people bad battle call so he and the rest of them can get back on the war profiteering, money laundering, gravy train. I am convinced that is why they took trump out, I knew once he called out the military industrial complex a few months ago he killed his chance at a second term off.

Are you sure this is what the troops want?
I'm not in anymore, but every day that goes by, and as more information comes out about how these people made money off my generation's service, I am embarrassed I ever signed up.

Does this bill apply only to Army guard? Or also Air Guard?
Army National Guard and Air National Guard are both components under the National Guard Bureau. The governors are their commanders in chief.

Army Reserve, USAF Reserve, Marine Reserve, and USN Reserve are all directly under DoD and the Secretary of Defense. They are always Federal.

Why is it insane?
Where are they going to train? Look at the makeup of the NH ARNG. A rocket battalion, a FAB HQ, an infantry company with it's HQ in VT, and some other randos. You're not doing IN bn livefires in NH. You're not firing HIMARS either.
When are they going to get training? I watched the 86th at JRTC a couple years back-yeah, they need the training. One of the companies in a battalion is from NH-so we're saying that the battalion can't train as a whole because some dude in NH says no?
When are they going to perform their role as a strategic reserve if some dumbass governor wants to bury his head in the sand?

Also, these aren't a state guard. NH as far as I know does not have one of those. Some other states do.

OP's bill is shortsighted and is grandstanding as much as those clowns in DC are doing now.

Title 10 overseas deployments and Title 32 active duty for training are worlds apart.

My bill only deals with Title 10. It directly quotes the law.

Army National Guard and Air National Guard are both components under the National Guard Bureau. The governors are their commanders in chief.

Army Reserve, USAF Reserve, Marine Reserve, and USN Reserve are all directly under DoD and the Secretary of Defense. They are always Federal.
Mmmmkay.
Why are you trying to correct a perceived problem with the army guard with a bill that also affects the air guard?

Bull. Anyone that joined in the last 20 years expects to deploy.
I deployed twice with the national guard. Didn't complain. Is what it is. We didn't train one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year to learn to kill people and break things..... to never go kill people and break things.

Title 10 overseas deployments and Title 32 active duty for training are worlds apart.

My bill only deals with Title 10. It directly quotes the law.

and they are worthless for title 10 according to your bill. Why should the Feds pay to train and equip something they can't use because whatever random governor has his head buried in the sand.

and they are worthless for title 10 according to your bill. Why should the Feds pay to train and equip something they can't use because whatever random governor has his head buried in the sand.
Truth. If the fed government can't use the guard......say bye bye to good training.....and good equipment.

Problem is...?
Have you served in the guard? If so....remember the shit equipment we had prior to 2001? 4th hand and obsolete crap. Never had funds to send soldiers to additional training other than the bare minimum. It was terrible.

What do you really think the guard should be? A bunch if barely trained, shitty equipped po dunks? Get real. If the fed can't use the guard it will lose funds.....and won't be trained or equipped enough to "defend" a porta john.

I have my opinion....as do you. My opinion is that your bill is crap.

By the way.....All this talk about "ruined" careers and financial ruin of guard soldiers that deploy is a bunch of shit. Deployent pay is out f***ing standing! Tax free.......Hazzard pay.....family separation pay. We had troops begging for deployment after deployment after deployment to rake in the deployment pay. I went twice and my bank account was the better for it that's for sure.

Last edited:
The Army and Air Guards are covered the same.
I've never heard of someone in the Air Guard on a deployment that got there any way other than volunteering. I don't even mean "that's what they signed up for by enlisting" I'm talking have to ask the logistics guy and or leadership to be able to go on a particular deployment.

I've never heard of someone in the Air Guard on a deployment that got there any way other than volunteering. I don't even mean "that's what they signed up for by enlisting" I'm talking have to ask the logistics guy and or leadership to be able to go on a particular deployment.
For Kosovo the Mass Air Guard was given two weeks to get its folks together, pack our stuff, fly to Italy, load bombs and drop them. We did it.
2003 we were fighting in the west of Iraq.

As for the OP, if the Feds can’t use the Guard, why equip them? Pease can become a skatepark while the refuelers go someplace else.
I think the OP is ants the Guard to be state only, but that isn’t the fun part of being in the military.
Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that this bill is based on complaints you’ve gotten from disgruntled service members, remember it’s a volunteer force. If they don’t like it, the door is over there. No one serving now enlisted when we weren’t in an endless war.

Back
Top Bottom