My AR/M4 Build - 1st rifle build in 25+ years

DemonChronicles

NES Member
LPK came in from Windham Weaponry yesterday, so I decided to put the lower together.

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is, piece of cake. I think it took me all of about 30 minutes to do.

Like riding a bike, you never forget.

[smile]

lower.jpg

Lower Build

• Quentin Defense QD-15 Billet Lower Receiver
  • Windham Weaponry Lower Parts Kit
  • KNS Precision Gen2 Mod2 Non-Rotating Hammer/Trigger Pins
  • Primary Weapons Systems Enhanced Buffer Tube
  • Spikes Tactical Mil-SPec 17-7 Buffer Spring
  • Spikes Tactical ST-T2 Heavy Buffer
  • Mako Group Israeli Defense Forces Pistol Grip

Waiting on the stock to completely finish off the lower.

Also waiting on Troy to send me my Claymore Brake so I can get it pinned and complete this puppy!!

Fun stuff!

(Apologies for crappy iPhone pic, will replace with better pics later).

Last edited:
Had John at Remsport in Ludlow do mine two weeks ago. Did a fantastic job while I waited. However, You are probably closer to Business End Customs in Peabody.

Upper Build
  • Spikes Tactical Biohazard Billet Upper Receiver
  • Spikes Tactical ST-16" 5.56 LE Barrel
  • Diamondhead VRS "T" 15" Free-Floating Handguard
  • Diamondhead Low Profile Gas Block
  • Bravo Company USA BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle w/Mod 4 (Medium) Latch
  • Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake
  • Yankee Hill EX Pull Takedown Pin Set
  • Yankee Hill Carbine Length Gas Tube (Black Plated)
  • Mako Group QR Ergo Vertical Foregrip (not shown)

Lower Build (added)
  • Mako Group M4/AR 15 Stock (with cheek riser, battery storage & rubber buttpad)

IMG_0479[1].jpg IMG_0480[1].jpg IMG_0482[1].jpg

Getting close, but still need a BCG and sights to make it a shooter.

Still contemplating ripping it all down and getting some cerakote finishing done.

Last edited:
Picked up my barrel from Pullman Arms yesterday with the pinned Troy Claymore brake. They do fantastic work, welded, blended, blued, can't tell it's been MA bastardized.

DSCN1210[1].jpg DSCN1211[1].jpg

Just bought a BCG off of a NES Member, could be a shooter in days, not weeks or months. [smile]

Still need sights and a bottom rail for the foregrip, but excited that it's close...

Cerakoting can wait a little while, but it's in the plans.

Last edited:
It feels really good for my hands, I'll see if that holds up once it becomes a shooter.

I have the matching fore grip as well, just waiting on a bottom rail to mount it to the Diamondhead.

Still waiting on some sights, but other than that, it's a shooter.

I recently picked up a few boxes of ammo and a couple of the new PMAG 10 rounders, decided to just take it out to the range to make sure everything cycles and works as expected. I was going to the range anyway to pistol shoot the cerebus swinger targets.

Man, this thing shot like a champ, cycled through 2 mags with no issues.

Now I put it away until the sights come. [smile]

Last edited:
Update - 10 June 2013

Found a Diamondhead rail kit for my VRS today at State Line in Mason.

Mako Foregrip and Magpul AFG2 attached tonight.

IMG_0499[1].jpg

Ordering sights next week and it's ready to go (after I pin the stock [angry] ).

Last edited:
You don't have to pin it pin it.
On the release you'll see a pin.

Pop the pin out and then a spring and detent come out . Replace with a long detent. A drill bit cut down will work.
You'll have to figure out how long to make it Ect . But you won't be able to squeeze the release. And you don't have a ugly ass pin in it. So if you go to a free state or want to sell the stock your not sol .

Don't worry about pinning a Mako Stock... the damn things don't move. hahahaha

at least mine wouldn't.

View attachment 77747

Took it out for a spin last night, 60 bucks in ammo.

Permanent smile on face for rest of evening, priceless.

:)

Dude, what happened to your AR ? That thing is all twisty looking. It looks like a Twizzler ![laugh]

Or is it " Ribbed for her pleasure" ?[grin]

Just bustin buddy. Sweet looking rifle. Nothing better than a 30 round mag and a new AR

Dude, what happened to your AR ? That thing is all twisty looking. It looks like a Twizzler ![laugh]

Or is it " Ribbed for her pleasure" ?[grin]

Just bustin buddy. Sweet looking rifle. Nothing better than a 30 round mag and a new AR

Don't knock it till you've tried it. Not many ARs can double as a sex toy. [laugh]
BTW, I too have Diamondhead handguard and sights although my barrel thingy sticks out further past the handguard.

Last edited:
At least my wife is happy with it.

[smile]

I've tried sighting this thing in and have had very little luck, can't tell if it is the sights (Diamondhead), or what.

So I enlisted the mastery of EddieCoyle to lend a hand. We spent about an hour and a half with it Monday at Shirley GSC, and while we can hit paper with it currently (and I did hit an 8" metal plate at 200yds with his spotting, ONCE), it is still not at all where either one of us was happy with it.

Kinda scratching my head on it and really not sure where to go from here...

Thinking of trying out some different sights, something a little more more traditional.

Opinions anyone?

Last edited:
At least my wife is happy with it.

[smile]

I've tried sighting this thing in and have had very little luck, can't tell if it is the sights (Diamondhead), or what.

So I enlisted the mastery of EddieCoyle to lend a hand. We spent about an hour and a half with it Monday at Shirley GSC, and while we can hit paper with it currently (and I did hit an 8" metal plate at 200yds with his spotting, ONCE), it is still not at all where either one of us was happy with it.

Kinda scratching my head on it and really not sure where to go from here...

Thinking of trying out some different sights, something a little more more traditional.

Opinions anyone?

I put some VENOM TACTICAL EXCLUSIVE AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight from amazon on mine and they are very good. I can consistently hit a 2" bullseye at 50 yds and my eyes aren't that good. I also have the DB sights but can't use them because of my scope.

Back
Top Bottom