• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My AR is ready for you,’ Texas lawmaker tells Beto O’Rourke over mandatory buybacks

You missed the point. It's all about relative perception. Beto moved the goalpost way left, so now we're arguing about LITERAL confiscation... so other clowns can swoop in and say 'see? Background checks aren't so bad'
As one commentator said, the D’s want 20%, demand 100%, and get 40%. They’ve gotten so caught up that Beto actually doesn’t realize he’s moved the goalpost into the ocean. My Constitutional rights aren’t negotiable.

God it makes me wonder what these Democrats real end game is when they all in some way or another want to attempt to disarm the public. I get it a docileI public and all the power that come with it and cant imagine what come next. How did we let it get this far.

The fact of the matter is that there ISNT any "Discussion" about it........Beta and co are TELLING people they are going to confiscate gunz

Everyone knows that not only isnt this going to happen but that the Dem party has forever blown up their ability to assert that no one is advocating for confiscation/bans......

The ONLY thing that has happened is that Beta/Booker/Butigieg and co have pulled the covers back and confirmed to the entire voting population what we have all known is the eventual goal of the marxist dems......bans and confiscations

The ONLY thing thats changes is that the shitbag marxists have admitted what their goals are.

Fienstein, Biden, Obama and an almost endless list of dems have been trying to do this for decades without actually saying it in plain words.....

Nothing has changed...they've just admitted they are marxist shit bags

So... you don't understand the concept. Cool. That's all you had to say.

It is a promise of self defense, not a threat. Just don't try to steal his guns and you will be fine.

Really? I thought that it meant that the rifle would be on the dining room table, with the standard-cap mag next to it, a chamber flag in it, and the ammo in a zip-lock bag, ready to travel. I thought he was being helpful.

You're trying to assert that the goal post (discussion) has changed

The fact of the matter is that it hasnt........ which negates your assertion.....it might be more honest to assert that YOUR perception has changed.

The facts/historical record demonstrate unequivacably that the left is making the same demands......they're just not trying to cover it up anymore

You still don't understand what the Overton window is. Maybe you should go do some light googling before you keep opening your suck.

You're referring to a THEORY about what the acceptable range or discussion/subject matter is.....

As per my last half dozen or so posts have demonstrated.......nothing has changed

Dems have been pushing for confiscations for longer than most of us have been alive

The subject of discussion hasnt changed........

WE have been talking about the threat/attempts to confiscate constitutionally protected firearms for many many decades........

The only thing that has changed is that the marxist that have been pushing for confiscation are no longer denying it

There are quite literally DECADES of legislative proposals at state/federal level to demonstrate this

God you are 'tarded.... still right over your head. I'll go try to type it really slow so you can understand, when I get to a computer.

The fact of the matter is that there ISNT any "Discussion" about it........Beta and co are TELLING people they are going to confiscate gunz

Everyone knows that not only isnt this going to happen but that the Dem party has forever blown up their ability to assert that no one is advocating for confiscation/bans......

The ONLY thing that has happened is that Beta/Booker/Butigieg and co have pulled the covers back and confirmed to the entire voting population what we have all known is the eventual goal of the marxist dems......bans and confiscations

The ONLY thing thats changes is that the shitbag marxists have admitted what their goals are.

Fienstein, Biden, Obama and an almost endless list of dems have been trying to do this for decades without actually saying it in plain words.....

Nothing has changed...they've just admitted they are marxist shit bags

Hard to argue with this. Now that Beto pushed the Dems out of the closet on confiscation, they can never return to the old "Nobody is coming for your guns" canard. Hell I think Beto did us all a favor by pulling back the curtain once and for all.

It's difficult to make us look like paranoid nutballs about defacto gun registries stemming from UBCs with Robert Francis giving away the endgame.

This article sums this point up concisely.
Beto O'Rourke's Gun-Confiscation Proposal Is Unconstitutional but Clarifying | National Review

You still don't understand what the Overton window is. Maybe you should go do some light googling before you keep opening your suck.
You give the Dems credit for being more organized than they are. This would require Beta to be a willing sacrifice and he’s not. He’s literally trying to drum up votes by moving this far left, he is most assuredly NOT deliberately setting up a scenario to allow someone else to gain the credit for something lesser by asking for the unachievable in a plan to make the lessor position look more palatable. These guys are all out for themselves. Yes the end result IS that the lessor position will look more palatable but Beto isn’t setting this up deliberately. He’s not deliberately changing the narrative, he’s trying to get elected.

And stop being an a**h***.

You give the Dems credit for being more organized than they are. This would require Beta to be a willing sacrifice and he’s not. He’s literally trying to drum up votes by moving this far left, he is most assuredly NOT deliberately setting up a scenario to allow someone else to gain the credit for something lesser by asking for the unachievable in a plan to make the lessor position look more palatable. These guys are all out for themselves. Yes the end result IS that the lessor position will look more palatable but Beto isn’t setting this up deliberately. He’s not deliberately changing the narrative, he’s trying to get elected.

And stop being an a**h***.

Right... except he's not the only one doing this. Also, these guys are all being driven by lobbyists and think tanks, who are all intimately aware of the concept. Look at the overall cohesion of Betos message and the narrative being driven in the media.

And... You can f*** off. I haven't even started being an a**h*** yet.

Just because I reject your false assertion regarding bullshit social theory popularized by glen beck (nutbag of the nth degree) doesnt make me "tarded".....

The fact of the matter remains

There ISNT any "Discussion"
There's NEVER been any "Discussion"
There never WILL be any "Discussion"

WE perennially attempt to have a reasoned/rational discussion about why the marxist agenda they keep trying to ram down our throats is destructive to a peaceful/free society......its the leftist/marxists that are not enguaging in a "discussion".......its their way or the highway.....

The marxists will continue to attempt to shove their agenda forcefully down your throat in the same manner they have for over 100 years

Now the left is enguaging in violence/bullying/etc to try to ram their agenda down their throat because the majority continues to politely and PEACEFULLY reject their bullshit that they've been trying to legislatively cram down everyones throats

The funny thing is, my original post said 'a wee bit of Overton window shifting'. Most people with reading comprehension would take that for what it means. It's not just him. It's also not EVERYTHING that is behind his statement. It's one possible factor. If you don't think that leftist know that they need to push the acceptable frame of what is socially acceptable to promote as gun control. I don't know what to tell you.

You missed the point. It's all about relative perception. Beto moved the goalpost way left, so now we're arguing about LITERAL confiscation... so other clowns can swoop in and say 'see? Background checks aren't so bad'

They've always been saying that though, although it's pretty obvious that they used him as a pawn to do this in a
very public, overt manner, contrast with the fake CNN "surveys of gun owners who think background checks are a good idea" etc.

The thing is though is the real danger here isn't influencing voters, but rather influencing wonky politicians in both
parties into thinking that crap is acceptable. I don't think there's a genuine grass-roots desire nationally by voters outside of the hard commie districts to actually push gun control. Most of this rhetoric is all crap to try to con the pols into believing its widely supported. The entire anti platform is based off peacocking, it always has been, always will be. Bloomberg et al spend millions on basically paying leftists to campaign for gun control, pay for protesters to show up, etc. Of course the dangerous thing is some of these "think tanks" consultants etc, are somewhat deep state operatives and they have the power to influence these politicians... Trump is a fun example
of this... I mean does anyone here think that he'd be spewing his garbage about what he thinks 2A is about (but isn't) if it wasn't dinner-plated by some kind of consultant or think tank, etc? It's pretty obvious he's drinking the swamp water on guns.

-Mike

Robert O’Rourke made a threat about taking everyone’s guns, if there ever was one. It is long past time to throw the “Red Flag” on him. I wonder if anyone will contact the FBI about him.
The sixty four dollar question is, who is pushing these communists to incite a civil war? They don’t know, or don’t care that they are playing with Fire!

The funny thing is, my original post said 'a wee bit of Overton window shifting'. Most people with reading comprehension would take that for what it means. It's not just him. It's also not EVERYTHING that is behind his statement. It's one possible factor. If you don't think that leftist know that they need to push the acceptable frame of what is socially acceptable to promote as gun control. I don't know what to tell you.

Of course with tinfoil hat on, the acceptable frame only has to be an idea that can be sold by swamp creatures to
mentally-malleable politicians. It doesn't have to be accepted by the voters/public. It just has to be a "sellable
lie" that will withstand what I would call "finger press" level of scrutiny. It's pretty obvious that these influencers
are dangerous, as they basically turn various pols into robots on this or that subject.

-Mike

Of course with tinfoil hat on, the acceptable frame only has to be an idea that can be sold by swamp creatures to
mentally-malleable politicians. It doesn't have to be accepted by the voters/public. It just has to be a "sellable
lie" that will withstand what I would call "finger press" level of scrutiny. It's pretty obvious that these influencers
are dangerous, as they basically turn various pols into robots on this or that subject.

-Mike

All I've been trying to say, is that you are hearing things in the mainstream now that would not have been remotely acceptable 50 years ago. There's a reason for that. Whether or not it is intentional is up for debate. The fact that retarded shit (not just guns) is openly discussed and taken seriously means that the window is most definitely moving left.

Okay, ancient Greek scholars:

What is the proper way to express:
MOLON LABE, BETO
?

I know the first part is:
μολὼν λαβέ
but I know languages handle cases differently, and the last part would be what (in Irish and many others) would be the Vocative Case: my name (as Gaeilge) goes from being "Seán" (in the Nomanitive) to "a Sheáin" (in the Vocative). Thanking me (as, for instance, for introducing this linguistic discussion) would thus be: "Go raibh maith agat, a Sheáin." ("Seán" is pronounced Shawn. "a Sheáin" is roughly "uh-hYoin.")

So... how do we do this correctly in ancient Greek? I won't have it on the back of my truck unless it's correct.

Last edited:
Jason,

Looks like Roland didnt pick up on your post.........

Oh. I most certainly did...except you miss the point that the reason she couldn't pull it off because it's outside the window of acceptance. So... it's just a matter of influencing what people are willing to tolerate. Kind of proves my point actually.

Your personal perception/recollection of historical events and past discussions/media coverage appears to be profoundly different than what actually happened.......

Why weren't the votes there?

Because they knew it was outside what would be tolerated. What is tolerable can be influenced, and is being influenced every day. Not sure how that's difficult to comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom