My 1945 K98k (R/C)

I've always loved the "classic" K98k rifle but the 1945 dated rifle has eluded me for quite some time. I've been told that they are pretty rare considering the production for the year was cut considerably short. About 5 years ago CDNN advertised a small stash of 45 dated Russian Captures for the premium price of 299. I really don't care if it's a R/C because I shoot the crap out of my rifles (I reload 8mm by the caseload) as long as the headspace of course checks out. She's a real good shooter! The bore is mint as it looks like it was a rack gun (the barreled action, the parts are MM because it's a R/C) and more than likely never fired. The stock cleaned up very nicely and I prefer the "raw" wood to the red Russian laquer. One of these days I would love to get a MG barreled K98. Anyway, enjoy the pics!
1-8.jpg

2-11.jpg

Thats a nice Karabiner!! I am with you on the RC rifles. I am not a Mauser snob. In the end they are all Mausers. I love to shoot them. I am sure this wont be the last one you get either. I primarily collect Walther P38s and decided to pick up a k98 a while ago and thought I would be happy with the one. I now have 8 and am always on the lookout for more. Have fun with it.

very nice, dont see many of those that arnt stamped with french marking, or have a maker code for that year. nice score.

I agree much better with the original raw wood/wax finish than the russian and post war laquers.

026.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I've owned a good number of K98k's over the years and even made a sweet double claw sniper with an original scope w/mounts and an original double set trigger. I've been thinking of possibly making a replica swept back sniper as the replica mounts & ZF4 scopes are out there for reasonable prices. I also collected G/K43's but they have since gone way out of my price range. The first one that I bought back in 2002 was a matching ac44 with an original (non-matching to the rifle) scope & mount that I paid 1800 for...and I thought that was high at the time.
gunrack.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I've owned a good number of K98k's over the years and even made a sweet double claw sniper with an original scope w/mounts and an original double set trigger. I've been thinking of possibly making a replica swept back sniper as the replica mounts & ZF4 scopes are out there for reasonable prices. I also collected G/K43's but they have since gone way out of my price range. The first one that I bought back in 2002 was a matching ac44 with an original (non-matching to the rifle) scope & mount that I paid 1800 for...and I thought that was high at the time.
gunrack.jpg

Sounds like a nice collection!

never liked those perticular racks. thanks to the pegboard safe mod idea on another thread, been working on new rifle racks for display in my gun room. 1st attempt think I want to do something a bit more eye appealing than pegboard though...

IMAG0061.jpg

need to come up with a better design, that can add rifle info, and maybe reprint wwii photo of said weapon in use...

I didn't like "my" rack either but it belonged to the gun shop and I couldn't replace it with something else. It was originally used to hold customer's guns that were there for a cleaning but the higher slots were too high for the shorter employees so we went to a vertical floor rack. I had to stop displaying firearms in my home because we now have 2 small children and even though our oldest (3 years old) knows to not touch we still realize that she is a child and is at "that age" now. Maninblue, that's a SWEET M1 Carbine! I'm a sucker for them all day long.

Thanks. Its a Inland 1588xx. All original and correct from day it left inland, with a 12-42 barrel with a MZ of 1.25. Came from Scott Duffs collection. Not mint, as it has the been there, done that look, but is still Vg. May be on the selling block soon, but going to avoid it if I can.

Back
Top Bottom