MWT IDPA Practices?

I've offered, but was told you must be an SO, and to be an SO you must be a paid member of IDPA for something like six months, and then requires a paid course that's only available once or twice a year.

Seems like an awfully high barrier of entry just so you can volunteer your time...

These words came from a MWT member???? When I speak of a member I am referring to anyone with a MWT techwear shirt.

I think the only REQUIREMENT is that you are an HSC member if you lead a practice indoors or out.... The other comments, its not the MWT I know.... As you are EXACTLY right seems like a very high barrier of entry.....

But if you have interest in working/helping keeping the sport going, its pretty easy just talk to the folks with the "shirts" we always can use an extra hand;)

I've offered, but was told you must be an SO, and to be an SO you must be a paid member of IDPA for something like six months, and then requires a paid course that's only available once or twice a year.

Seems like an awfully high barrier of entry just so you can volunteer your time...

+1 to what Aaron says. The problem is when you set up a weekly practice you HAVE TO HAVE people that can run the practice every week- there in lies the rub. Lot of people couldn't get out of work in time, etc. so it bombed. Doing an indoor AND and outdoor practice puts a large strain on the volunteers and most people can get to the indoor practice so….. Personally I don't like to shoot indoors these days but I understand that challenge for MWT and the crew.

These words came from a MWT member???? When I speak of a member I am referring to anyone with a MWT techwear shirt.

I think the only REQUIREMENT is that you are an HSC member if you lead a practice indoors or out.... The other comments, its not the MWT I know.... As you are EXACTLY right seems like a very high barrier of entry.....

But if you have interest in working/helping keeping the sport going, its pretty easy just talk to the folks with the "shirts" we always can use an extra hand;)

Back
Top Bottom